Business advice and funding
Perthshire has a high level of business start-ups and its people have a strong entrepreneurial flair which Perth and Kinross Council and its partners aim to nurture and build upon. If you are thinking of starting your own business or expanding an existing one, Perthshire is the ideal location.
Business advice and guidance
- Business Gateway - Practical help, advice and support for new and growing businesses in Perth & Kinross area. Perth & Kinross Council funds the Business Gateway to act as a one stop contact point for business enquiries.
- Business Debt-line - Provides practical advice that is designed to help you successfully manage your way through financial difficulties.
- Inward investment - If you require more information about inward investment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01738 475300.
Business grants and loans
- Business Loans Scotland - a consortium of Scotland's local authorities, providing loan finance up to £100,000 to new and growing small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) across Scotland.
- Scottish Business Grants - Scottish Enterprise can provide financial assistance to new and existing businesses in Scotland through its innovation (SMART:Scotland) and investment (ROSA) grants.
Business rates relief and reductions
If you own or occupy any of the following types of non-domestic properties, you may be eligible for a rates reduction:
- Empty properties
- Premises of a charity or non-profit making organisation
- Properties used for recreational purpose
- Properties where nursing care is provided
- Small businesses