Useful emergency numbers
Police, Fire and Rescue Service, Ambulance and Coastguard emergencies
If you smell gas or are worried about gas safety you can call the National Gas Emergency Number on 0800 111 999.
If you are experiencing an unexpected loss of supply or foul water emergency call Scottish Water on 0845 600 8855
Floodline, Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA)
Floodline is a 24-hour telephone information service operated by SEPA. It relays recorded messages providing up to date information about flood alerts that are in force in Scotland. Trained operators are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and provide practical advice on flood risk and what to do before, during and after a flood.
Tel: 0345 988 1188
Perth & Kinross Council: Environment Service (emergency 24 hours)
Perth & Kinross Council will try and assist as much as is practicable during flood events. This may include the provision of sandbags to properties in imminent danger of being flooded. The supply of sandbags is prioritised by Council staff as sandbag stocks are limited.
For more information to see further information about the Council's duties and responsibilities during flood events.
Tel: 01738 476476
The Council does not have responsibility for flooding from sewers. This is the duty of Scottish Water and they should be contacted on the number below if sewer water is flooding your property.
Tel: 0845 600 8855
It is strongly advised that you contact the emergency services on 999 if you feel your life may be at risk from flooding.
Perth & Kinross Council Services
The Customer Service Centre is open Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm.
Telephone: 01738 475000
Council Text Phone Number: 01738 442573
Out of hours emergency numbers:
- Adult care services 0345 301 11 20
- Anti-social behaviour helpline (voicemail) 01738 476173*
- Child protection 0345 301 11 20
- Council housing emergency repairs 01738 476000
- Dangerous buildings 01738 476476**
- Environmental health 01738 476476**
- Flooding 01738 476476**
- Homelessness 0800 917 0708
- Mental health services 0345 301 11 20
- Roads 01738 476476**
* Please telephone and leave a voicemail - a response will be provided as soon as possible.
** Please note that during busy periods, you may experience delays in getting through.
Local Radio frequencies
- Radio Tay: AM - 1584, FM 96.4 (Perth)
- Radio Scotland: FM - 92.4 - 94.7, MW 810
- Radio Heartland FM: FM - 106.6 (Perth)