Report a road or street lighting fault
The Council is responsible for looking after all public roads in Perth and Kinross except for motorways and trunk roads. We take the safety of the public very seriously, and greatly value alerts from citizens about potential problems or dangers.
Those of an immediate danger or hazard - phone 01738 476476
Non emergency faults
- Report a road fault online (for sewage related issues on public roads or footpaths, contact Scottish Water on 0800 0778 778)
- Report a street lighting fault online
- Phone: CLARENCE (Customer Lighting and Roads Enquiry Centre) on 0800 23 23 23
- Email: email@example.com.
Faults can include:
- Potholes and damaged footways
- Blocked drains and flooding
- Fallen trees, overhanging branches and overgrown hedges
- Winter maintenance enquiries
- Traffic lights or pedestrian crossing out of order
- Broken and faulty street lights
- Other road defects
The Council maintains the roads according to a policy for inspection and repair that reflects national best practice and which has been approved by the Council.
Budgets for road maintenance are very restricted and as such not all desirable works can be carried out. It is necessary to prioritise works in the interest of public safety and to restrict future deterioration. As such it may be some time before requested works can be carried out.
Roads and pavements are inspected, defects are identified, and a repair made in accordance with the risk posed to the public.
Surface dressing is one of the ways we maintain our roads. The road is sealed to prevent water seeping in, improves surface texture and prolongs the life of the road by many years.
Find out more about Surface dressing [88Kb], the process, how we notify you of work and what to expect during the works.