Copies of certificates - births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships
You can apply for a copy of any birth, death, marriage or civil partnership certificate registered in Scotland. If the event took place in the current year we can only supply certificates for events registered in Perth and Kinross. There are certain details you need to order a copy. For a copy of an adopted birth certificate please contact National Records of Scotland Tel. No. 0131 314 4411.
Information you should provide
- Births - full name, date of birth and place of birth.
- Deaths - full name, date of death and place of death.
- Marriages/Civil Partnerships - full names of bride and groom or civil partners, date of marriage or partnership, place of marriage or partnership.
Cost for certificates
- £15.00 for a full certificate and £10 for additional copies of the same certificate.
- £10.00 if you show us an original certificate at time of purchase.
- £10 at time of registration and for one calendar month after registration.
If you are researching your Family History certificates can be produced for events in Scotland going back to 1855.
How to apply for a copy of a certificate
Apply over the phone
You can apply over the phone with a credit or debit card. Please call 01738 475121 or your nearest registration office
Apply by post
You can apply by post to any registration office in Perth and Kinross with a cheque or postal order made payable to Perth & Kinross Council.
Apply at the registration office
You can call into Registrars, 5 High Street, Perth PH1 5JS and apply in person. We are open Monday - Friday 8.45am - 5:00pm. We may occasionally be able to produce the certificate for you immediately but in many cases it will require typing up and can then be posted to you or held for collection. We can usually do this within two working days. For registration offices outside Perth you will need to make an appointment to order and collect a certificate.
We can usually produce any certificate within two working days.