Renewal of vows
Your wedding day was one of the most important days of your life. This ceremony gives you the opportunity to reaffirm your marriage vows and celebrate your married years together.
Who are these ceremonies for?
They are for any married couple, wishing to renew their vows, for any reason.
- The ceremony could be a celebration of a special wedding anniversary.
- If you were married abroad, you can renew in a ceremony held for family and friends.
- If you have been through a period of strain in your relationship, you may wish to celebrate your renewed commitment to each other.
- Renewing the promises you made together is a wonderful way to look back at the years you've shared with each other, a way of saying thank you to your partner, maybe to your children and perhaps to your grandchildren, for the fun you've had over the years.
Standard elements of the ceremony
- Renewal of vows
- Signing of the certificate
- Closing words
The ceremony is a very personal event. You can choose additional elements to make it an occasion unique to you. Here are a few examples:
- Acknowledgement of the achievements of your life together
- Re-dedication of rings previously given to each other
- Giving of new rings
- Giving of gifts
- Previous wedding guests saying a few words
- Further readings
A souvenir record of the ceremony is provided, signed by the couple, witnesses and the Celebrant performing the ceremony.
Where can the ceremony be held?
You can have your ceremony in the historic wooden panelled Old Council Chambers, one of our Registration Offices, in your own home or garden or at one of the many other spectacular locations throughout Perth and Kinross.
The cost of the ceremony
The cost of a Renewal of Vows ceremony is £180
The ceremony has no legal status and ceremonies are secular and cannot contain religious references.
Your marriage certificate must be shown before a ceremony can be booked.