Business Improvement Districts (BIDS)
Perth & Kinross Council's Local Taxes team also bill and collect for Business Improvement District levies.
What is a Business Improvement District?
A BID is a business-led initiative where businesses work together and invest collectively to improve their own business environment. BIDs across Scotland focus on what is a priority for their town or area. A BID creates a partnership between businesses across town and key stakeholders.
A BID is not a substitute for central or local government investment, but an additional investment to strengthen the local economy and give local businesses a unified voice.
A BID is an investment in added value services that will support the local trading environment. The crucial benefit of a BID is that the goals and actions are set by the local business community for the benefit of the local business community. Expenditure is targeted to get the best return on the bottom line. Projects are agreed after extensive consultation and the investment is spent locally, in local business for the local community.
Further information is available from the BIDS Scotland website
BIDS in the Perth & Kinross Council Area
Crieff Succeeds - the Crieff BID is about sustainable growth in Crieff based around a successful economy supporting a strengthening community. The BID seeks to support business success, a stronger tourism and events economy with a growing local retail offering.
Further information is available from the Crieff Succeeds website
Payment of BID levies
Payment may be made by one of the following methods:
Please note that your invoice number must be quoted when making payment.
- By BACS To:- Royal Bank of Scotland, Perth Chief Office, 12 Dunkeld Road, Perth, PH1 5RB, Sort Code 83-47-00, Account No 11570174
- By Debit or Credit Card between 8.45 am and 5.00 pm. Telephone 01738 475000
- By post to: Perth & Kinross Council, PO Box 7299, PERTH, PH1 5WJ. Cheques must be crossed and made payable to Perth & Kinross Council. Please write the invoice number on the back of your cheque or postal order.
- In person - Council Offices where payment can be made by cash or cheque: Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD (Mon - Fri, 8.45am - 5.00pm) and Marlee Road, Letham, Perth, PH1 2HL (Mon, Wed & Fri, 9am - 12 noon)
All enquiries regarding payment of BID levy invoices should be made to the Local Taxes team:
- Telephone: 01738 477430 (option 4)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Correspondence: Perth & Kinross Council, PO Box 7300, Perth. PH1 5WH