Completion Certificate is a document you must submit to Building Standards for acceptance once you are satisfied that all building work is complete in accordance with the approved plans and specifications.
In all cases the completion certificate can only be signed by the owner, tenant or their agent as declared on the application form.
The completion certificate must not be signed until all work is fully complete and any amendment (if required) is approved.
You must also ensure your building warrant is valid otherwise you will need to submit an Application form for Extending a Building Warrant [154Kb].
Submitting a completion certificate
1. For warrants applied for in paper format, complete the Completion Certificate for Submission [40Kb] (this form will have been issued along with the building warrant). Send the completed form to Building Standards, Perth and Kinross Council, Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth PH1 5GD.
2. For warrants applied for on-line, the completion certificate must be submitted using the form available through the portal.
The completion certificate must be accompanied, as appropriate, by the following documents (for electronic applications they must be submitted through the portal):-
- Electrical installation certificate - ideally this should be a Certificate of Construction under schemes approved by the Scottish Government. In any event the certificate must be from an electrical contractor who is deemed a competent person (by definition a member of a UKAS accredited trade body such as NICEIC and SELECT)
- Heating & Hot Water Installation Certificate Domestic [249Kb] - new houses
- Form Q - where this was specified by your structural engineer
- Energy Performance Certificate - new houses
- Sustainability label - new houses
- Air tightness test results
- Sound test results
What happens once you have made the application?
- We will contact you to make an appointment unless you have previously phoned us.
- We aim to respond to your request within 10 days. If you haven't heard from us within that timescale please phone for an update.
- You must ensure all parts of the alteration, extension or new building, such as the roof space and solum space below floors are accessible for inspection.
- We will endeavour to issue the Acceptance of Completion Certificate within 4 working days of satisfactory inspection. When you receive this, keep it in a safe place e.g. with your title deeds.
- If work is incomplete or not satisfactory the Completion certificate will be refused. In such a situation you will need to re-apply when outstanding matters are resolved.