Community learning and development
Community Learning and Development (CLD) is a way of working with people in their communities, either in a group or on an individual basis.
Three national priorities have been developed for CLD. They are as follows:
- Adult Learning Statement of Ambition
- Achievement Through Learning for Young People
- Achievement Through Building Community Capacity
In Perth & Kinross, CLD is delivered across the area through the Youth Services Team (including community link workers), the Adult and Family Learning Team (including parenting staff and literacy staff), and the Community Capacity Team.
Perth & Kinross is divided into six Community Learning and Development areas.
- North Perth - staff are based in Fairfield Centre, Letham Community Learning base and North Inch Community Campus
- South Perth - staff are based in Glenearn Community Campus
- Strathearn - staff are based in Strathearn Community Campus
- East Perthshire - staff are based at Alyth Community Wing
- Highland Perthshire - staff are based in Birnam Institute and Breadalbane Community Campus
- Kinross-shire - staff are based in Loch Leven Community Campus