Details on how to report a repair to Perth & Kinross Council.
Improvements and Repairs to your Council House
Details on how to report repairs, emergency repair criteria and charges for repairs
There are three categories of repairs. Emergencies will be attended to and made safe within 24 hours of being reported and, where possible, we will carry out the full repair.
- Emergencies - An example of this type of repair would be a burst water or heating pipe, no heating/hot water, no electricity or carbon monoxide alarm sounding.
- Urgent Repairs - For example minor leaks, damaged flooring and tiles or minor faults to showers where other washing facilities are available.
- Appointments - These are every day repairs that are needed as a result of normal wear and tear of the property. These repairs will be carried out through a mutually agreed appointment. Some examples are: Faulty radiators or faulty electrical switch or light pendant.
There are a list of Qualifying Repairs which include the timescale for completion in full working days.
The Housing Repairs Service will carry out most repairs to your home. However, there are some repairs that you will have to pay for yourself. This list will explain who is responsible for repairs [120kb] of each item.
Rechargeable repairs [988kb] will only be carried out where you have agreed to meet the costs, which will include an administrative charge and VAT. For more information you can read our full Rechargeable Repairs Policy and Procedure [299kb].
Complaints about Repairs
If at any time you are not satisfied with our service please let us know by contacting The Repairs Centre, your complaint will then be considered in line with the Council's complaints procedure. If you remain dissatisfied after having had your complaint considered under the Complaints Procedure you can take the matter to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman
Service over Christmas period
Perth & Kinross Council's Housing Repairs Centre will close for the Christmas break on Friday 23rd December at 6pm, and will not reopen until 8.00am on Wednesday 4th January.
During this period we will only be attending to emergency repairs. If you have an emergency repair that needs dealt with dial 01738 476000 and press 4 for Housing Repairs.
You will then be given the option of pressing option 1 for gas central heating emergencies, or option 2 for other emergency repairs.
Emergency work includes:
• No heating and hot water within your home
• Blocked toilet where there is only one toilet in your home
• Blocked external drains (blocked sinks and wash hand basins will only be dealt with if you are unable to clear the fault yourself)
• Serious storm, accident or floor damage to rooms
• Dangerous structures
• Serious electrical faults, such as overheating of sockets or switches
Please do not call us if your repair is not an emergency. Normal repairs will be picked up following the Christmas break.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Information on how to keep your home free from damp and mould.
Information on the repairs responsibilities by either Perth & Kinross Council as a landlord or as a tenant.
Planned Maintenance is a scheduled programme to keep the external fabric of Council houses in as good a condition as possible.
Improvements and Modernisation is necessary in order to keep Perth & Kinross' Council Housing up to Scottish Housing Quality Standards (SHQS).