By-election Perth City South
A by-election to elect one member to the vacancy in the Perth City South Ward of Perth & Kinross Council will be held on 23 November 2017.
- About this election
- Statutory notice and election timetables
- Postal and proxy voting
- Registering to vote
- Information for Candidates
Local Government (Council) elections are operated under the Single Transferable Vote (STV) system [109Kb]. Voters use numbers to mark their ballot paper ranking candidates in preferential order.
Due to a resignation there is one vacancy in the Perth City South Ward of Perth & Kinross Council. More details about the ward, and other elected members can be found on the Councillors page of this website.
- Notice of By-Election - Ward 10 Perth City South [71Kb]
- Situation of Polling Places - Ward 10 Perth City South [13Kb]
If you are already registered to vote, and on the electoral register in Perth and Kinross at an address in the Perth City South Ward, then you need do nothing more just now.
If you need to register to vote, update your name, address, or other details on the electoral register, change your voting preferences, e.g. whether you vote in person or by post, then please visit www.gov.uk/register-to-vote Your registration will be confirmed in writing to you when successful.
If you wish to speak to someone in the local office, please contact the Tayside Valuation Joint Board.
If you are away from home or can't get to your polling station on polling day, you can apply for a postal vote, or appoint a proxy (someone you trust to vote on your behalf).
Information about what Councillors do and what is expected of a Councillor is available on the localcouncillor.scot website. A series of induction notebooks for prospective Councillors has also been published on the site.
The Electoral Commission has also produced guidance for candidates and agents about:
- standing as a candidate
- spending and donations
- the election campaign
- attending electoral events
- after the declaration of results.
Candidates standing for election as a Councillor in Perth and Kinross, may also find the following links of interest:
- An overview of local government in Scotland 2016 - Audit Scotland
- Local government in Scotland financial overview 2015/16 - Audit Scotland
- How councils work - Roles and working relationships in councils: are you still getting it right? - Accounts Commission
- Testing times ahead for new councillors - Accounts Commission
- Statistics, facts and figures about Perth & Kinross Council
- Community Plan / Single Outcome Agreement 2013-2023 [1Mb]
- Corporate Plan 2013 - 2018 [726Kb]
- Perth & Kinross Council Annual Performance Report
- Perth & Kinross Council Annual accounts
- Perth & Kinross Council Committees
- Action Partnerships in Perth and Kinross
- PKC Evidence Portal
- Building Ambition - A Workforce for the 21st Century
- The Councillors’ Code of Conduct - Standards Commission
- Guidance on the Councillors' Code of Conduct - Standards Commission