Young entrepreneurs invited to be part of Year of Young People 2018 Youth Market
As part of Perth's contribution to the Year of Young People 2018, young traders and entrepreneurs from Perth and Kinross are being invited to take part in a very special Youth Market event in the Fair City this June.
The Year of Young People 2018 aims to inspire Scotland through its young people, celebrating their achievements, valuing their contribution to communities and creating new opportunities for them to shine locally, nationally and globally. The six key aims of the YOYP2018 are:
- Health and Wellbeing
- Equality and Discrimination
- Enterprise and Regeneration
On Saturday 23 June, Perth will host the Diverse CiTay Festival, comprising a Two Inch Carnival Parade, followed by entertainment and activities on the North Inch, with the Mill Street Youth Market rounding off the day between 5pm and 10pm. Around 10,000 people are expected to attend the Festival.
Free pitches are available at the Market for 8 to 26 year olds who fall into any of the following categories:
- Experienced traders already selling at street, youth and teen markets
- Working as part of a family market trading business
- Online traders - an opportunity to bring the business off the computer and discover new markets
- Hobbyist or collector - if your hobby is taking over your home, or your collection of vintage clothes, vinyl records or comic books is bursting out of your cupboards, this could be an ideal time to make some space and money!
- Young farmers and market gardeners - bring your produce (food, drink, herbs and flowers) to new consumers.
For further information, and to apply for your free pitch, please contact the Council's Events Team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01738 477952 or 475294.