Autumn/Winter 2018 opportunities to take part in Incredible Years Programme
We know that being a parent can be a tough job and has its highs and lows! Sometimes our children don't behave the way we would want them to and we don't do or say the things we would like. This can cause lots of stress and arguments in the family and isn't much fun for anybody.
Many years of work with children and families shows that close relationships between children and their carers is one of the most powerful forces in giving them the best start in life.
The Incredible Years Programme is aimed at parents, carers and grandparents who have children aged three to four years old, and supports and helps them to manage their child's emotions and behaviour in a positive way. It helps families prepare their child for starting school and is an opportunity to meet other families and support each other in a friendly relaxed environment. Each session is led by two trained group practitioners who run high-quality groups throughout Perth and Kinross, with weekly contact and support available between sessions. There is a school age course (five to eight years old) that can be delivered depending on demand.
In the sessions, parents and carers will take part in a range of activities including watching DVD clips, talking about children's behaviour and working out new ways to manage situations at home. This will help with understand your child and their behaviour, as well as how to respond to it. Participants will also explore ways of staying calm in stressful situations and be able to meet other parents in the same situation as yourself.
Refreshments are provided as well as free childcare and play activities for your children, to give you time to be involved in the sessions. Support with transport can also be arranged for families if required. Sessions last for two hours each week for 15 weeks at the following venues:
- Methven Primary School, Methven: running on Mondays from 27 August to 17 December 2018, 9:30am to 11:30am
- North Inch Community Campus, Perth: running on Mondays from 27 August to 17 December 2018, 1.00pm to 3:00pm
- Balhousie Primary School, Perth: running on Tuesdays from 28 August to 18 December 2018, 9:30am to 11:30am
- Loch Leven Campus, Kinross: running on Tuesdays from 28 August to 18 December 2018, 9:30am to 11:30am
- Alyth Community Wing, Alyth Primary School, Alyth: running on Wednesdays from 29 August to 19 December 2018, 9:30am to 11:30am
- Glenearn Campus, Perth: running on Wednesdays from 29 August to 19 December 2018, 9:30am to 11:30am
- North Inch Community Campus, Perth: running on Wednesdays from 29 August to 19 December 2018, 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Letham Primary School, Perth: running on Thursdays from 30 August to 20 December 2018, 9:30am to 11:30am
- Pitlochry High School, Pitlochry: running on Thursdays from 30 August to 20 December 2018, 9:30am to 11:30am
- Community School of Auchterarder, Auchterarder: running on Fridays from 31 August to 21 December, 12:30pm to 2:30pm
To sign up for an Incredible Years group, please complete an application form, available online or by calling 01738 477697.