Safer Community Wardens
Safer Community Warden Services presently operate in three areas of Perth and Kinross: Letham and Hillyland in Perth, Muirton and North Muirton in Perth and Rattray, Blairgowrie.
What we do?
Safer Community Wardens are "the eyes and ears" of the communities and work with local residents to improve their safety and living standards. They act as a link to other agencies and work closely with area housing teams, schools, youth clubs and voluntary groups in their patrol areas. They report on any issues having a detrimental affect on the wellbeing of communities.
Safer Community Wardens patrol their areas on foot every evening including weekends and their uniforms make them easy to identify. They are delighted when residents stop them to seek advice or just to have a chat.
Safer Community Wardens have instigated several initiatives in the areas where they work to help both young and old residents.
Examples of work:
Junior Community Wardens - children in Primary School are given awareness training in a fun environment about community safety and personal responsibility.
Vulnerable adults - Community Wardens visit victims of crime or anti social behaviour, and help them to bring their lives back to normality.
Warden Drop Ins - A chance to find out what your wardens have been up to, let us know about issues in your community and for a chat, tea, coffee and a biscuit. Any planned Drop Ins are listed below.
- None planned.
Street Sports for All - Community Wardens help St Johnstone in the Community with the running of the Community Safety Partnership's project aiming to get young people into sports and healthy recreation.
The next dates that you could attend are as follows;
- Thursday 19 March - 7.00 pm till 9.00 pm - Old School Car Park, High Street, Kinross
- Wednesday 25 March - 7.00 pm till 9.00 pm - Stanley Primary School, Stanley
- Thursday 26 March - 6.30 pm till 8.30 pm - Pitlochry High School, Pitlochry
- Thursday 2 April - 7.00 pm till 9.00 pm - Bankfoot Church Centre, Bankfoot
- Thursday 9 April - 7.00 pm till 9.00 pm - Old School Car Park, Kinross
- Thursday 23 April - 6.30 pm till 8.30 pm - Pitlochry High School, Pitlochry
Good Neighbours Stop Rogue Traders
The following video provides a good message to lessen the threat of rogue traders.