Community Investment Fund
The Community Investment Fund (CIF) provides £1.2million to community led projects over 2018/19 and 2019/20. It is an opportunity for local people to make an impact on the issues that matter most to them. £50,000 is available to each electoral ward across Perth & Kinross. Grants of £3,000-50,000 are available.
About Local Action Partnerships and Action Plans
There are currently 7 Local Action Partnerships across Perth & Kinross and more are developing. They cover localities bigger than electoral wards and each has a Local Action Plan setting out how inequality in the locality will be tackled. We are asking Local Action Partnerships to review grant applications and advise on which best help deliver the Local Action Plan priorities. Local Action Partnerships include community representatives, Councillors and staff from local public services. Grant Panels drawn from Partnership members for each wards will review the grant applications
View your Local Action Plan.
What you can apply for?
You can apply for any sum from £3000-£50,000 to fund, or part fund, projects which:
- Tackle inequality in your area. The Local Action Plan sets out current priorities
- Are community led
- Benefit as many people as possible from across the community
- Can be delivered within a set time period, and/or can continue in other ways after CIF funding is used
Who can apply?
Applications will be accepted from a wide range of organisations including constituted community organisations, Community Councils, Development Trusts, Parent Teacher partnerships, registered charities, and social enterprises.
You can apply if you are already involved with your Local Action Partnership, but you will not be able to take part in the decision making process for your grant application or other in the relevant ward.
Businesses and individuals cannot apply.
Examples of what we will fund
We are happy to fund:
- Community management of a local facility
- Improvements to a community building
- Developing an outdoor space for community use
- Purchasing equipment or materials that will benefit the local community
- Community events or a programme of activities
- Sessional staff to support community based activities
- Training for community members if it can be shown to benefit the wider community
- Promotion and publicity for community activities, programmes or development activities
What we won't fund
- Costs which are part of an organisations core business (eg maintenance, core salary costs, promoting services which you already deliver)
- Professional fees such as lawyers, architects, accountants or consultants
- Activities which collect funds for redistribution to other charities or individuals
- Promotion of a religious or political cause
- Research projects
- Projects that take place on private land, and are not accessible to the community
- Flights, or travel outside Scotland
- Activities which have already taken place
If your project is successful
- Applications will be considered by Grant Panels for each ward, who will make recommendations to each Local Action Partnership. The Local Action Partnership will consider the recommendations of the panel, and will bring their recommendations to the Council's Strategic Policy & Resource Committee for final approval in mid-March 2019
- Your named contact will be notified within 2 weeks of the decision
- Monies will be paid into your designated bank account within one month of the decision, on return of a signed Funding Agreement. Funds should be spent by 30th September 2019
- You must keep all receipts and evidence of spend for audit purposes
- You will be asked to provide us with a final monitoring report, which will include public feedback, photographic evidence, demographic involved, how you are undertaking publicity and the outcomes from the funded work
- Council staff will be able to help and advise if your project changes during delivery
How do I apply?
Communities from each Local Action Partnership area are invited to apply during the following periods:
|Local Action Partnership||Fund opens||Fund closes|
|Almond and Earn||12th November 2018||15th February 2019|
|Eastern Perthshire||12th November 2018||15th February 2019|
|Highland||12th November 2018||15th February 2019|
|Kinross-shire||12th November 2018||15th February 2019|
|Perth City||12th November 2018||15th February 2019|
|Strathearn and Strathallan||12th November 2018||15th February 2019|
|Strathtay||12th November 2018||15th February 2019|
Download our application form [401Kb] (also available in Word format [34Kb]) or pick up a hard copy at your local Community Campus or Community Learning Centre. Please also read the application guidance notes [524Kb].
More information about the Ward Panels is available in our guidance for community investment fund panels [217Kb].
Completed applications should be returned to the address noted below or emailed to email@example.com.
Please get in touch with any questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01738 475307.