Community learning and development
"Community Learning and Development (CLD) is learning and social development work with individuals and groups in their communities using a range of formal and informal methods.
A common defining feature is that programmes and activities are developed in dialogue with communities and participants...[CLD's] main aim is to help individuals and communities tackle real issues in their lives through community action and community-based learning."
In Perth and Kinross, CLD helps people build the skills, confidence, networks and resources they need to make positive changes in their own lives, their families' lives, and in their communities.
Our service includes Parenting and Family Learning, Services for Young People - particularly those who face barriers to learning and require additional support - Community Link Workers, Adult Learning, Culture, Leisure, Community Development, Sport and 3rd sector organisations.
Perth & Kinross is divided into six Community Learning and Development areas.
- North Perth City - staff are based in Letham Community Learning base
- South Perth City and Perth City Centre - staff are based in Glenearn Community Campus
- Strathearn & Strathallan- staff are based in Strathearn Community Campus
- Eastern Perthshire - staff are based at Alyth Community Wing
- Highland & Strathtay - staff are based in Birnam Arts
- Kinross-shire, Almond & Earn - staff are based in Loch Leven Community Campus
As well as supporting groups and individuals the CLD staff support;