The Perth & Kinross Council PKC Lets initiative offers letting, property and tenancy management services to private sector landlords.
The Private Sector Access Team will provide landlords with a free initial consultation about the services available from PKC Lets
1. PKC Lets comprehensive property and tenancy management service covers the following:
- Property inspection, rent valuation and a full record of condition/inventory;
- Marketing photos and advertising of property on zoopla/lettingweb/social media and in council offices;
- Deal with any enquiries about property;
- Take applications for the property and undertake assessments (affordability checks and tenancy referencing) of potential tenants;
- Organise and complete viewings;
- Supply landlord with a shortlist of applicants to make final selection (you can meet prospective tenants if you wish);
- Arrange all relevant tenancy paperwork and complete tenancy signing with selected tenant;
- Collect rent and deposit (this includes collecting any rent due to be paid through housing benefit, and making use of our rent deposit scheme which allows a tenant to pay deposit in instalments whilst you have full deposit protection from PKC);
- Lodge deposit payments with Safe Deposit Scotland;
- Pay any rent received to you on a monthly basis (unfortunately we cannot offer any rent guarantee);
- Take any action required if the rent is unpaid;
- Support the tenant with any change of circumstances that may occur during the course of the tenancy;
- Inspect property at least every 3 months;
- Report any repairs required to you, and if required arrange for relevant contractors to complete work if requested by you (or you can arrange your own contractors if you wish);
- If required serve appropriate paperwork to end the tenancy and support tenant with other appropriate housing options (although if tenant fails to leave you would be required to engage your own legal representation to seek decree to evict in court) - in the event that this was necessary;
- Carry out termination inspection and relet process;
- There are a number of other things that we do around notifying council tax of tenancy changes on your behalf, supporting tenants to sort out utility supplies, etc. Ultimately our aim is to find you a suitable long term tenant who is happy with the property and able to sustain their tenancy in the long term, to minimise costs to you and allow a family to settle in their home.
2. Marketing and tenancy set-up
The other option that we offer is simply a tenant finding service - this covers advertising the property and putting potential tenants in touch with you to carry out your own viewings, selection and tenancy set up.
For any tenant that we put in touch with you we would offer our rent deposit scheme (Rent Bond Guarantee Scheme). This is the scheme which allows the tenant to pay the deposit up over 12 months. We would put in place a guarantee for the equivalent of 1 months' rent with you, and we would collect the deposit from the tenant (in instalments) and lodge these on your behalf with Safe deposit Scotland. You would just let us know as and when the tenancy ended so that the appropriate distribution of the deposit would take place at that time. We don't carry out any routine inspections and you would be responsible for any ongoing tenancy management, rent collection, etc.
The services we offer are fairly flexible so if there was anything specific you wanted us to do (or not do) within legal boundaries, we are happy to try and help.
If you wish to arrange for an officer to meet you at the property to complete a rent valuation and let you know of anything that you would be required to do in order to rent the property out please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact email@example.com for more detailed information and prices, on any of the options.
To keep up-to-date with news and properties which become available 'Like' our Facebook page.