What's it all about?
The Strengthening Families Programme [398Kb] is a 7 week programme that helps families with young people in P6 & P7 prepare for their teenage years. Becoming a teenager can be a challenging time for young people and parents alike. Strengthening Families is proven to support both parents and young people through this time of change, helping them to achieve greater success when they move on to secondary school.
As a family you attend one session each week for 7 weeks. Each week you will learn by:
- watching informative DVDs
- taking part in fun activities; and
- sharing discussions.
The programme is free to attend and a light meal is provided at each session. Creche facilities are also available for brothers and sisters and transport can also be arranged.
|29th October to 10th December 2018||5.00pm to 7.30pm|
Perth Grammar School, Perth and
|23rd October to 11th December 2018||5.00pm to 7.30pm||RDM Primary School, Scone|
This information is also available on our course leaflet [259Kb].
What are the benefits?
See our videos below and our Strengthening Families Newsletter [223Kb] highlight some of the benefits:
- Strengthening families -"What families say"
- Strengthening families -"What young people say"
- Strengthening familes - family feedback [710Kb]
How do I apply to join the programme?
- Download an application form [177Kb] and return to the address noted below
- Pick up an application form from any school
- Email: email@example.com