The Hub - Signposting your future
The Hub offers an 'all purpose' employability suite in the heart of Perth to support business and employability activity.
In the past 5 years The Hub has supported over 1300 individuals into positive outcomes. In the past year alone the Employment Initiatives Team has supported people to achieve 459 jobs in the local area.
The team focus support in 2 specific fields:
- Supporting and advising job seeking clients with all aspects of employability skills in Perth
- Engaging with and supporting local businesses in recruiting and retaining staff to aid business growth
Watch our video below to find out more about what The Hub offers.
Visiting The Hub
Anyone using the centre can access our eight computer workstations, and newspapers for job searches, and take advantage of other free resources to help them apply for vacancies. Individuals wanting support are welcome to drop in.
|Monday||9.30 am - 4.30 pm|
|Tuesday||9.30 am - 4.30 pm|
|Wednesday||9.30 am - 12.30 pm|
|Thursday||9.30 am - 4.30 pm|
|Friday||9.30 am - 4.30 pm|
Supporting and advising job seeking clients in employability
Our 'job ready' clients boost their employability skills to enable them to gain sustainable employment. We offer one-to-one support with:
- CV building and amending
- Cover letter writing
- Completing application forms
- Group and 1-2-1 employability training sessions
- Telephone techniques
- Mock interviews and constructive feedback sessions
- Any other assistance required to support progression into employment
Registering at The Hub
Due to funding requirements, individuals wishing to register at The Hub for support must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Living within Perth & Kinross Council boundaries
- Must be unemployed or working under 15 hours per week
- Not in education
- Not on a current Government funded employability programme i.e. Work Programme
- Job ready and able to take up suitable employment at short notice
- Commit to attending The Hub for job search twice a week
Engaging with and supporting local businesses
The Hub is also committed to working with local employers at no cost to the business to assist with:
- Recruitment and selection
- Skills matching our clients with specific roles to save time and effort from within the business
- Providing professional interviewing facilities - free of charge
- Implementing and administering an array of Employer Recruitment Incentives to save money and promote business growth
Gold Star Employer Award
We are also pleased to support the brand new Perth and Kinross Gold Star Employer Award [4Mb]. If you are a local employer committed to supporting employability in the area, make sure you get involved.