Welfare Rights Team
Most people claim benefits at some point in their lives depending on their circumstances. The welfare benefits system can be complicated and it is not always clear what benefits, if any, someone may be entitled to.
- The Welfare Rights Team aims to ensure that the residents of Perth and Kinross are not missing out on their entitlement to benefits and other related help by providing a free, confidential and impartial benefits advice, information andappeal representation service.
- Our Macmillan workers provide anenhanced Welfare Rights service for people affected by cancer funded by Macmillan Cancer Support.
- We also have workers who deal specifically with families with money worries through our Positive Futures! project.
- The Welfare Rights service is accredited to the Scottish Government's National Standards for Information and Advice Providers.
How to contact the Welfare Rights Team
- You can phone the Welfare Rights Advice Line on 01738 476900 (option 1) or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you prefer face to face contact, you could always attend one of our Welfare Rights Outreach Sessions.
- If it's just information you are after, you can also browse our Benefits and Advice webpages.
Why contact the Welfare Rights Team?
People have contact the Welfare Rights Team with a variety of benefit related issues but it is usually for one or more of the following reasons:
|Reason for Contact||Help that can be given|
You have had a significant live event or change in circumstances such as being made unemployed, giving birth, being diagnosed with a health problem, etc.
|You are struggling financially.|
|You have been turned down for benefit or you are unhappy with the decision|
Other ways we provide support
We also provide the following services:
- delivering training to council staff and voluntary organisations on a range of welfare rights issues.
- delivering talks to community groups and organisations
We also work in partnership with a range of local agencies such as the PKAVS Minority Communities Hub and national organisations such as Macmillan Cancer Support and the Department for Work and Pensions visiting service. This ensures that you are offered a wide range of help and support.
Welfare Rights Facts and Figures
View useful facts and figures about the work done by Perth & Kinross Council's Welfare Rights Service including benefit gains and appeal statistics.
Click the Link and Tell Us What You Think
If you have used our service please take a few minutes to complete our Welfare Rights Customer Feedback Survey.