Adult and family learning
We are a team of Adult Learning, Adult Literacy and Adult ICT and Family Learning workers who work with adults and families to make positive changes in their lives.
We do this through one off introduction sessions, short courses, drop-ins or programmes that are friendly, accessible and fun. These can be:
- Community based adult learning, including the core skills of numeracy, computing, working with others, communication, problem solving, adult literacies and English for speakers of other languages (ESOL)
- Family Learning and other activities with families together
- Learning opportunities that enable learners to progress
- Adult guidance to help you identify your goals and support you to achieve them.
- Engaging with adults & families to build individual confidence and skills
- Learning which includes opportunities for vulnerable and disadvantaged groups in the community
- Volunteer support and development
Our work with you will focus on developing your skills such as:
- employability skills
- building confidence
- improving reading writing; number and budgeting skills
- basic computing skills
- problem solving
- working with others and
- supporting you to discover other learning opportunities available to you.
We work with other teams and partners to give you the chance to move on, or progress to other learning, volunteering or being more involved in your community.