Concessionary travel and bus passes

Concessionary travel gives free or discounted trips on public transport to the people that need it most.

The national travel concession scheme provides free bus travel Scotland-wide for older and disabled people, including local bus and scheduled long distance coach services in Scotland throughout the day. 


The same eligibility criteria applies across Scotland and is set in legislation.  If you do not fall under the criteria within the legislation you will not be eligible to join the scheme.
Transport Scotland have stipulated that if you are eligible for an Entitlement Card you must provide two pieces of evidence to demonstrate this.  All applicants must provide:

  • One piece of evidence to demonstrate residency in Scotland
  • One other piece of evidence. The type of evidence required depends on the grounds that you are applying on and these are advised in the pages listed below.

National Entitlement Card

If you are eligible and wish to travel free by bus you will have to obtain a National Entitlement Card (NEC).

The Entitlement Card is an electronic smartcard, providing bus travel and library membership in one single, convenient card. 

To find out how to apply for an Entitlement Card, please follow the relevant link below:

If you have any queries about the Scotland-wide free bus travel scheme, please see the Transport Scotland website.

Young Persons' Concessionary Travel Scheme

If you are aged 16 to 25, find out about the Young Persons' Concessionary Travel Scheme.

Replacement National Entitlement Cards or notify us of a change of address

If you have lost your entitlement card or you have moved to another address in Perth and Kinross, please contact us by emailing or by phoning 01738 475000.