Older person's bus pass

If you are a resident of Scotland and are aged 60 or over, or will be 60 within the next 2 weeks, you can apply for a National Entitlement Card.

Evidence required

To apply for your National Entitlement Card you will need to provide:

  • A completed application form
  • A recent passport sized photograph
  • Proof of your age
  • Proof of your current address

Photographs included with applications must be of passport quality and standard. That means that they must be:

  • Passport photo sized - 45mm x 35mm
  • Recent and resemble the applicant
  • Be in colour, be clear and in sharp focus, with a clear difference between the applicant's face and the background
  • Be taken with eyes open and clearly visible (no sunglasses or tinted glasses and no hair across the eyes)
  • Show the applicant's full head, without any head covering, unless this is worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons
  • Be taken with nothing covering the face
  • Be a close-up of head and shoulders

You can use the following documents as proof of age:

  • Passport
  • Birth certificate
  • Driving licence

and for proof of address you can use the following:

  • Utility bill (dated within the past 3 months)
  • Bank letter (dated within the past 3 months)
  • Current television licence
  • Benefit letter
  • Council tax bill

Application form

The Entitlement Card application form to be used by new applicants who are aged 60 and over is available from Post Offices and some Council offices in Perth and Kinross. 

Alternatively you can contact the Council's Customer Service centre (telephone 01738 475000 or e-mail concessionarytravel@pkc.gov.uk) and an application form will be posted to you.

Completed application forms

Take the completed application form and photograph, together with the required proof of age and address, to any Post Office in Perth and Kinross or to any office listed below.

A member of staff will check that the form has been completed correctly and that the photograph is a true likeness of you.  They will also check your proof of address and age, returning the evidence documents to you.

Your application form will be forwarded to the organisation that is responsible for issuing the Entitlement Cards.  Your Entitlement Card will not issued directly by the Post Office or Perth & Kinross Council.

It may take 14-21 working days for your application form to be processed and for you to be sent your Entitlement Card to your home address.

Council office / buildingAddressTown
Breadalbane Community LibraryBreadalbane Community CampusAberfeldy
Auchterarder LibraryChapel WyndAuchterarder
Alyth LibraryAirlie StreetAlyth
Birnam LibraryStation RoadBirnam
Blairgowrie Library46 Leslie StreetBlairgowrie
Comrie LibraryDrummond StreetComrie
Coupar Angus LibraryTown Hall, Union StreetCoupar Angus
Crieff Area Office32 James SquareCrieff
Loch Leven Community LibraryLoch Leven Community CampusKinross
Perth - A K Bell LibraryYork PlacePerth
Perth - Letham Area OfficeMarlee RoadPerth
Perth - Pullar House35 Kinnoull StreetPerth
Pitlochry Library26 Atholl RoadPitlochry
Scone LibrarySandy RoadScone
Strathearn Community LibraryPittenzie RoadCrieff