Bus passes for people with disabilities

If you have a disability and are resident in Scotland you could be entitled to free local and national bus travel.

The National Entitlement Card application form (NCT001) is available from Council offices and libraries in Perth and Kinross. You can also obtain an application form by contacting the Customer Service Centre, Tel 01738 475000 or email concessionarytravel@pkc.gov.uk.


If you are applying on the grounds of disability you must be of fare paying age (aged 5 years or older). You must qualify under one of the following categories and provide evidence of eligibility with your application.

  • Higher rate mobility component or higher or middle rate care component of DLA
  • Standard or enhanced rate of the mobility component of PIP
  • Standard or enhanced rate of the daily living component of PIP
  • Limb loss
  • Mental illness, learning difficulties or personality disorder
  • Visually impaired applicants
  • Driving licence refused or revoked
  • Profound or severely deaf applicants
  • Terminally ill or people with progressively degenerative disorders
  • Blue Badge holder
  • Injured veteran
  • War pensioner mobility supplement

View the eligibility criteria.

If you have a mobility problem that requires you to be accompanied when travelling, you may be eligible for a companion concessionary card.

Application form

Instructions on the completion of the application form, the photograph and the required verification documents are provided on the application form.

If the applicant already holds a Young Scot Card or an older person's NEC they are only required to bring proof of eligibility. A new application is not required.

Completed application forms

Completed application forms must be returned in person to one of the Council offices listed below. Postal returns cannot be accepted. It may take 14-21 working days for your application form to be processed and your card to be sent to your home address. You will be sent an electronic smart card which allows access to free bus travel and library membership in one convenient card.

LocationAddressContact number
Aberfeldy, Area housing officeBreadalbane Community Campus01887 822400
Blairgowrie, Area office46 Leslie Street, Blairgowrie01250 871300
Crieff, Area office32 James Square, Crieff01764 657840
Kinross, Social work officeLoch Leven Community Campus01577 867200
Perth, Council officePullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth01738 476110
Pitlochry, Social work officePitlochry Community Hospital, Ferry Road, Pitlochry01796 474600

For additional support making an application you can contact:

LocationAddressContact number
Blind and Partially Sighted
St Paul's Centre, 14 New Row, Perth01738 626969
Sensory support - hearing and sight
St Paul's Centre, 14 New Row, Perth01738 626969
Mental Health Service only
Murray Royal Hospital
Muirhall Road, Perth01738 621151