Bus passes - Companion concessionary card

Persons from the age of 5 years, whose mobility is such that they require to be accompanied when travelling, can apply for a Companion Concessionary Card.

Companion Concessionary Card

The Companion Concessionary card allows both the eligible person and one companion to travel free of charge together for the same journey by bus. The companion can vary from journey to journey providing they board and alight the bus at the same locations as the card holder.

There is no need for a companion cardholder to be accompanied on all journeys they make.  They have the choice of whether to travel on their own or whether to have a companion with them.

Applying for a companion card

If you are applying for a Companion Concessionary Card (C+1) you must produce evidence of eligibility with your application.

The Customer Service Centre will  forward your application form to the organisation that is responsible for issuing the Entitlement Cards.  It may take up to ten working days for your application form to be processed and for you to be sent your Entitlement Card to your home address.

Transport Scotland has advised Perth & Kinross Council that applicants cannot post their application forms directly back to the Council.

If you have any queries about how to apply for an Entitlement Card, please contact Perth & Kinross Council's Customer Service Centre. Alternatively further information is available from Transport Scotland.

Completing the application form

The applicant must complete the application for Scotland-Wide Free Bus Travel for Disabled People (NCT001) and provide proof of age and address, together with the necessary documentation to prove your eligibility.

Attach a passport-type colour photograph, with your name and form number (top right-hand corner of Page 3 under the bar code) written on the reverse in Block Letters.

The photograph which you attach to the form should be recent (taken within the last 12 months) showing a close-up of your head and shoulders so that your face covers approximately 75% of the photograph. Your features should be clearly distinguishable against the background.  The photograph should be in sharp focus and printed on plain white photo quality paper.

Returning your completed application form

The application form should be handed in to a member of staff at one of the Council Offices listed below.  The member of staff will check that Parts 1, 2 and 5 (and if appropriate, parts 3 and 4) of the form have been completed and that the photograph is a true likeness of you.  They will also take copies (as required) of the supporting documentation.

The form, photograph and copies of the supporting documentation will then be sent by the member of staff to the Council's Customer Service Centre who will check your eligibility to receive an Entitlement Card.

Application forms for disabled people or those requiring a companion travel card can only be verified by a member of staff at one of the following offices:

LocationAddressContact Number
Aberfeldy, Area housing officeBreadalbane Community Campus01887 822475
Blairgowrie, Area office46 Leslie Street, Blairgowrie01250 872051
Crieff, Area office32 James Square, Crieff01764 657540
Kinross, Area housing officeLoch Leven Community Campus01577 867333
Letham, Area officeMarlee Road, Perth01738 476000
Perth, Council officePullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth01738 476000
Pitlochry, Social work officePitlochry Community Hospital, Ferry Road, Pitlochry01796 474600

For additional support making an application you can contact:

LocationAddressContact Number
Blind and Partially Sighted
St Paul's Centre, 14 New Row, Perth01738 626969
Mental Health Service only
Murray Royal Hospital
Muirhall Road, Perth01738 621151