Perth & Kinross Council administers an events funding scheme to which organisers can apply to in order to gain some financial support towards the staging or marketing of their event.
The Council is particularly focused on events which drive tourism to Perth and Kinross rather than aimed at a local resident market. Funding applications are assessed against the following criteria:
- Events which offer a direct economic return on investment through tourism, business opportunities or other means
- Events which encourage overnight stays
- Events which attract a significant number of visitors from out of region
- Events of national importance (at least in the Scottish context)
- Events which focus on quieter times of the year
- Events which showcase the culture, sport and/or the natural environment of Perth and Kinross
- Events which can be developed/grown
- Events which offer commercial and showcasing opportunities for Perth and Kinross businesses
- Events which promote social inclusion
Organisers will have to demonstrate that their event meets all or a significant amount of the above criteria in order to qualify for an award. In addition, the Council is a funder of last resort and applicants must demonstrate other sources of income and funding and have a business / marketing plan for the event.
Applications to the events fund must be submitted 3 months prior to the event taking place to be considered.
Note: Organisers wishing to apply for funding must contact Perth & Kinross Council obtain an up to date application form and discuss the event and its requirements prior to submission by contacting PKCEvents@pkc.gov.uk.
EventScotland is part of VisitScotland's Events Directorate and is the national events agency for Scotland. It operates funding schemes available to event organisers including the National Events programme and the International Events programme. Visit the Event Scotland website for further information.