Community link workers
We support vulnerable children, young people and families to improve their life chances, health and wellbeing, while narrowing the attainment gap and reducing inequalities within their localities.
Our work, as Community Link Workers (CLW), is underpinned by the Scottish Government Strategic Objectives, National Outcomes and the Perth and Kinross Community Plan/Single Outcome Agreement 2013 - 2020.
The main policy frameworks that informs our practice is Getting It Right For Every Child (GIRFEC), The Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014, The Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 and Curriculum for Excellence.
We work collaboratively with local authority services, identifying and responding to need through locality plans, school plans and research data.
Our collective ambition is to realise the best possible outcomes for our children, young people, families and communities placing the child or young person at the centre of all that we do.
What do we offer?
As a team we offer a variety of support to families, children and young people to help them reach their potential. We aim to offer support at the earliest possible stage as we know that this is when support has the most impact in improving outcomes for all involved.
Because early-intervention and prevention are so important to the team we work predominately with families, children and young people from Nursery to S2
Our four main aims are to:
- Improve life Chances
- Improve Health and Well being
- Narrow the attainment gap
- Reduce Inequalities within Localities.
Our core functions are to:
- Offer generic and enhanced support at times of transition
- Support with school attendance
- Support families, children and young people identify and remove barriers to learning
- Support with emotional and physical wellbeing
- Support parents and carers
- Work collaboratively with partner agencies
- Attend Integrated Team Meetings and Child and Young Persons planning meetings.
- Signpost when appropriate
If you would like a CLW to be involved with your child, young person or family then please contact your school for your CLWs details.