Find out changes to our services and advice in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)

National Entitlement Card

What can the NEC card be used for?

The National Entitlement Card (NEC) in Perth and Kinross gives access to the following services:

Online services

You can access the following services online:

  • Apply for a new card
  • Update your current photo
  • Request a replacement card
  • Apply to renew your expired/expiring card

Apply online

Follow the step by step process to create or log in to your MyGovScot MyAccount to make your application or changes.  Verification will be done through the online process by scanning documents or you can choose to apply via YOTI (Your Digital Identity).

Other ways to apply

If you are unable to use the online service, you can follow the guidance below:

New applications

Download or complete an icon application form [264Kb] and return your form and copies of supporting evidence:

  • All applicants must provide proof of address, person and photograph
  • Applications for people with disabilities should also include proof of eligibility
    • By email
    • By post

If you are unable to download a copy, please request a copy by:


You can request a replacement card if it is lost, stolen or damaged by emailing or calling Customer Services on 01738 475000.


Bus passes for people with disabilities or with a companion entitlement (+1) will require to be renewed at regular intervals. When your card is due to expire, you will have to provide current evidence of your eligibility. You do not need to make a new application.

Update a photo

You can request to update your photo by supplying an updated photo by email to

Photos should be:

  • Head and shoulder, similar to passport style
  • Free from glare or shadow
  • Be taken against a plain background
  • Be in colour and be in sharp focus

If there has been a significant change in your appearance you may be asked to provided updated photographic proof

Submitting your evidence (new applications / renewals)

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak our offices are closed so we are unable to accept documents in person. An electronic copy of your application, photograph and evidence will be accepted during this time including scans and photographs sent to or copies can be returned by post to Customer Services, Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth PH1 5GD. Please do not send original paperwork.

More information during this time can be found on or