Youth employment action plan
The aim of the Youth Employment Action Plan is to help all our young people to fulfil their potential by developing the essential skills for life, learning and work, thereby improving outcomes for learners and employers alike. This will be achieved by:
- Identifying the nature of youth unemployment locally including particular concentrations or hotspots. (Community profile)
- Identifying labour market activity, trends and projections, together with the skills young people require to access and sustain employment opportunities.
- Mapping and evaluating youth learning and employability provision against the strategic skills and employability pipeline stages 1-5.
- Broadening our understanding of the barriers facing young people and ensuring access to appropriate provision for those requiring additional support.
- Highlighting gaps and agreeing specific actions to refocus provision according to need, as part of the wider Perth and Kinross Employability Strategy.
- Monitoring progress and adjusting actions to reflect the ongoing needs and aspirations of young people, in line with emerging local labour market trends.
There 5 Stages to a YEAP. These are:
Stage 1: Referral, Engagement and Assessment Status: Not Job Ready
Stage 2: Barrier Removal Status: Not Job Ready
Stage 3: Vocational Activity Status: Job Ready
Stage 4: Employer Engagement and Job Matching Status: Job Ready
Stage 5: In Work Support and Aftercare Status: In Work
To find out more about each individual stage, read our Employability Pipeline [360Kb] page.
Employability Training Opportunities in Perth & Kinross
|Organisation/Activity||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5|
|CATH (Churches Action for the Homeless)||√||√||√|
|Employment Support Team||√||√||√||√||√|
|Jobcentre Plus (1)||√|
|Jobcentre Plus (2)||√|
|LOGOS Youth Project||√||√|
|Perth Autism Support||√||√||√||√||√|
|Perth & District YMCA (1)||√||√||√||√||√|
|Perth & District YMCA (2)||√||√||√||√|
|Perth & District YMCA (3)||√||√||√||√|
|Perth and Kinross Council - Job Vacancies||√|
|Perth College - Next Steps to Learning||√||√|
|Perth College UHI, Moving On||√||√|
|Perth College UHI: The Prince's Trust - partnered with the YMCA||√||√||√|
|Scott Street Activity Agreements||√||√|
|Skills Development Scotland (SDS)||√||√||√||√|
|Strathmore Centre for Youth Development (SCYD)||√||√|