Information and advice leaflets
Across Perth and Kinross, we consider the care the protection of children and young people to be a shared responsibility between all services and agencies in the public, private and third sectors and a partnership approach with the wider public.
Child Protection Committee (CPC) posters
- It's everyone's job to make sure I'm alright! [260Kb]
- See Something Say Something [255Kb]
- Child Protection Community Working Together [213Kb]
- Child Abuse Can Often Be Masked [126Kb]
- Do you really know who you're talking to online [142Kb]
- My Emotions Can be Abused Too [166Kb]
- Set and Use Your Privacy Settings [419Kb]
- Keep Us Safe [434Kb]
The CPC has a suite of six individual eye catching posters to help promote child safety, health, wellbeing and protection across Perth and Kinross.
CPC CSE leaflets
- P&K CSE Information for Parents & Carers [296Kb]
- P&K CSE Information for Young People [259Kb]
- P&K CSE Information for Taxi & Private Hire Drivers [269Kb]
- P&K CSE Information for Licensed Premises [269Kb]
- P&K CSE Information for Practitioners [277Kb]
- P&K CSE Information for Hotels & Accommodation Providers [258Kb]
- P&K CSE Information for Taxi Marshalls [256Kb]
- P&K CSE Information for Public Transport [255Kb]
- P&K CSE Information for Takeaways [257Kb]
- P&K CSE Information for Hairdressers [256Kb]
Other information and advice leaflets
- Carers Hub - Young Carers Leaflet [2Mb] - PKAVS Carers Hub looks to provide increased opportunities for Young Carers to be children first, carers second.
- Child Protection Case Conferences - Children and Young People [493Kb] - Information for Children and Young People explaining what a Child Protection Conference entails and who may be in attendance.
- Child Protection Case Conferences - Parents and Carers [500Kb] - Information for Parents and Carers explaining what a Child Protection Conference entails and who may be in attendance.
- Child Protection Duty Team [478Kb] - Information and advice about the work of the Child Protection Duty Team.
- Child Protection Information Card [179Kb] for parents, practitioners and the general public, with advice and contact details for reporting any concerns they may have.
- Child Protection Postcard [586Kb] - Advice and phone numbers if you are worried about a child
- Feel Safe Poster [405Kb] - A colourful poster with information for children about how to get help if they need it.
- Feel Safe Card [395Kb] - A colourful pocket sized card with information for children about how to get help if they need it.
- Fieldwork Services Leaflet [822Kb] - A guide to the work carried out by the Children & Families' Fieldwork Social Work Teams.
- Human Trafficking Practitioner's Aide Memoire [176Kb] - This Aide Memoire assists in identifying the victims of human trafficking.
- Internet Safety Leaflet [504Kb] - As the use of the internet becomes increasingly integral to our every day lives it is important for parents/carers to ensure that their children are safe while online and that they can make sensible, informed choices..
- Private Fostering - Foster Carers Leaflet [216Kb] - This leaflet deals briefly with some of the duties of carers and parents.
- Parents in Sport Leaflet [374Kb] - A leaflet that sets out how to keep children safe in sport
- Private Fostering - Local Authority Responsibilities [279Kb] - This leaflet sets out the main responsibilities of the local authorities who have an obligation to secure the welfare of the child.
- Protecting People of All Ages [1Mb] - A Practitioner's Guide to Protecting Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults across Perth and Kinross who may be in need of care and protection.
- Sports Concussion Information Leaflet [727Kb] - A leaflet which details the importance of noticing the symptoms of concussions while pupils are playing sports.
- What to do if you are worried about a child poster [3Mb] - Scottish Government poster with information on Child Protection issues
- Women's Support Project Booklet - Grooming [1Mb] - 'Grooming' is the behaviours used by predators to target and prepare Children and Young People for sexual abuse and exploitation. One of the problems for professionals and parents is that the signs that a person is grooming a child may be subtle and difficult to recognise.
- Women's Support Project Booklet - Pornification [2Mb] - Pornification, sometimes referred to as pornographication or 'raunch culture' is the increasing distribution and acceptance of pornography as well as the fragmenting and blurring of pornography and pornographic imagery into popular culture.
- Women's Support Project- Sexting [1Mb] - Sexting is sending sexually explicit messages via mobile phone, email, web chat, social networking sites, Bluetooth or instant messenger.
- Women's Support Project Board Sexualisation [2Mb] - Teach girls to value themselves for who they are, rather than how they look. Teach boys to value girls as friends, sisters and girlfriends, rather than as sexual objects.
- Women's Support Project Board Sexual Exploitation [2Mb] - The sexual exploitation of children and young people under 18 is a form of child sexual abuse.