Coronavirus: Planning and building standards
As a result of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic there have been changes to our standard operations and to some of the associated legislation. We have provided updates as things have changed and many of the matters identified are still relevant. Our newsletters below have more information on the impacts on both Development Management and Building Standards.
In general, both teams are now able to provide a service largely reflective of that pre-pandemic, albeit with some operational changes which may sometimes affect response times. In particular, due to the majority of our staff working from home, telephone contact is more challenging though the voicemail facility remains. Planning officers will routinely ask for site photos wherever possible, to reduce unnecessary travelling. It would be helpful if applicants and agents could include photos with their submissions, as this will speed up the process. Additionally, we would encourage those commenting on an application to include photos in support of their views. In providing photos and supporting documents, please ensure that they are mindful of privacy and GDPR requirements. Building Standards officers are also only undertaking site visits when necessary and in many cases have replaced physical site inspections with a remote photographic or video alternative means of verification.
Applications for planning permission, building warrant and associated consents should be made electronically via the Scottish Government's ePlanning and eBuilding Standards sites wherever possible. Paper submissions may be subject to processing delays, as a result we strongly encourage both electronic submission and communication. The best way to contact us is by our generic email addresses, either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, as our officers are not currently routinely working in Pullar House and not all have ready access to work phones. We appreciate your continued understanding and co-operation at this time.
- Development Management - Coronavirus update 21 June 2021 - visiting sites [97Kb]
- Development Management - Coronavirus update 21 June 2021 - duty officer [101Kb]
- Development Management - Coronavirus update 2 March 2021 - duration of permissions [149Kb]
- Development Management - Coronavirus update 28 August 2020 - duration of permissions [150Kb]
- Development Management - Coronavirus update 3 July 2020 - Outdoor spaces [96Kb]
- Development Management - Coronavirus update 8 May 2020 [126Kb]
- Development Management - Coronavirus update 22 April 2020 [116Kb]
- Development Management - Coronavirus update 27 March 2020 [68Kb]