Coronavirus: Planning and building standards
As a result of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic there have been changes to our standard operations and to some of the associated legislation. We have provided updates as things have changed and many of the matters identified are still relevant. Our newsletters below have more information on the impacts on both Development Management and Building Standards.
In general, both teams are now able to provide a relatively normal service, albeit with some operational changes which may sometimes affect response times. Planning officers will ask for site photos wherever possible, to reduce unnecessary travelling and contact. It would be helpful if applicants and agents could include site photos with their submissions, as this will speed up the process. Please ensure that any photographs, aerial or otherwise, are mindful of privacy of neighbouring properties. This applies to supporting documents as well as site photographs. Building surveyors are limiting physical contact with customers too and, where possible and appropriate, have replaced physical site inspections with a remote photographic or video alternative.
Applications for planning permission, building warrant and associated consents should be made electronically via the Scottish Government's ePlanning and eBuilding Standards sites wherever possible. Paper submissions may be subject to slight processing delays. The best way to contact us is by our generic email addresses, either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, as our officers are not currently working in Pullar House and therefore do not have ready access to work phones. We appreciate your continued understanding and co-operation at this time.
- Development Management - Coronavirus update 2 March 2021 - duration of permissions [149Kb]
- Development Management - Coronavirus update 28 August 2020 - duration of permissions [150Kb]
- Development Management - Coronavirus update 3 July 2020 - Outdoor spaces [96Kb]
- Development Management - Coronavirus update 8 May 2020 [126Kb]
- Development Management - Coronavirus update 22 April 2020 [116Kb]
- Development Management - Coronavirus update 27 March 2020 [68Kb]