Coronavirus: Business advice
Throughout the coronavirus outbreak, our priority is to protect public health, while providing support and advice to businesses throughout Perth & Kinross. The council has enforcement powers under legislation which introduced new temporary restrictions to help reduce the spread of the virus.
As Perth & Kinross moves through the Protection Levels restrictions on businesses will change. Links to sectoral guidance and all the Scottish Government published guidance can be found on this page.
Level 2 restrictions in brief
- Pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants
- Can serve people in groups of no more than six people from three households alcohol indoors;
- Customers should book a two hour time slot;
- The premises must be closed at 22:30 with all customers out of the premises by this time;
- Test & protect details required;
- Outdoor numbers increase to no more than eight people from no more than eight households
- All organised group sport and exercise allowed except adult indoor contact sports
- Cinemas, theatres, concert halls, music venues, comedy clubs, amusement arcades and bingo halls can re-open so long as current Scottish Government guidance is adhered to
Collecting customer contact details
In all Protection Levels, relevant hospitality premises are required to collect the contact details of each visitor to their premises, this includes staff, customers and other visitors. This can be done in various ways depending on the ability of the business or the customer. The Scottish Government have launched the Check In Scotland service to assist businesses in collecting visitor details and to link in with Test & Protect.