Working in your home safely during the Covid-19 pandemic
During the current lockdown period our Repairs Team is continuing to work on internal emergency and urgent repairs to tenants' homes, in line with national guidance.
We also continue to carry out gas servicing visits.
Repairs work will involve you allowing our Trades Staff into your homes. We know that many of you may be concerned about letting someone into your home at this time and so we have created some guidelines to to keep you, your family and our staff safe while work is being carried out.
Importantly, we are asking you and people in your household to take some steps to ensure your safety, and for the safety of our staff. Please always keep a two-metre distance between yourselves and our staff, even if they are wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). If for any reason you aren't able to follow these guidelines, our staff may feel it is unsafe to continue working on your repair.
We will give you advance notice of our staff coming to your home to carry out a repairs job. If you are self-isolating or shielding, we will rearrange for your repair to be carried out at a time when it is safe to do so.
This is what our staff will do when they are in your home, and what we are asking you to do:
We need you to...
- Keep two-metres away from our colleagues at all times.
- Tell us in advance if your repair has got worse so we have the materials to complete the job in one visit.
- Tell us if you have COVID-19 symptoms, are self-isolating or shielding.
- When we arrive, before you answer the door, please open the window in the room we will be working in
- Stay in another room if possible, open all internal doors and keep all corridors clear.
- Reduce the spread of germs by covering your mouth and nose with a tissue if you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser.
- Allow our staff to wash their hands before and after carrying out any work, if you are happy for them to do so.
- Ensure our staff are only working if they're fit and well to do so.
- Keep at least two-metres from you and members of your household.
- Carry and use hand sanitiser.
- Wash our hands frequently in line with Government recommendations.
- Always have the personal protective equipment (PPE) we need.
- Minimise the number of visits it takes to complete a job when possible.
- Clean and disinfect any surfaces we need to touch.
- Politely decline the offer of refreshments.
If we all observe this guidance then it will be safe for your housing repairs to be carried out. However, our staff reserve the right not to enter a property if they feel it is not safe to do so.
We will be regularly reviewing our approach to routine repairs and all of our services in line with the latest Scottish Government guidelines.
Thank you for your continued understanding and co-operation. If you have any concerns or questions please call our Repairs Service on 01738 476000 or email HousingRepairs@pkc.gov.uk.