Changes to schoolday bus services and journeys from 12 August 2020
Perth & Kinross Council has confirmed that some changes will be made to school-day only registered local bus services and journeys from Wednesday 12 August 2020.
The alterations have been made in line with the Scottish Government's school transport guidance published on 30 July 2020, and relate to services contracted by the Council to primarily meet statutory school transport requirements.
The changes being made to registered bus services will be as follows:
- Some services will be available only to pupils, both fare-paying and those entitled to free school transport. No adult farepayers will be able to travel on these services, which are Stagecoach Services 11 (school journeys only), 856 and 892; and Docherty Midland Coaches Services 601, 613, 618 and 893.
- Some school-day only services will become closed school contracts, available only to pupils entitled to free school transport. No fare-paying pupils or adults will be allowed to travel on the bus. These are Stagecoach Services 614, 815 and 834; Docherty Midland Coaches Service 19 (school journeys only) and Jurgen Rehling Service 885.
- Some school-day only journeys will continue to allow fare-paying adults, with a dedicated section at the front of a single deck bus or on the lower deck of a double decker for these passengers, where physical distancing and face coverings for adults will be mandatory. These services are Stagecoach Services 15, both 15A services, 24, 57B, 58A, 59, 60, 71 and 862; Docherty Midland Coaches Services 20, 20A and 155; and Elizabeth Yule Services 87 and 887.
- Some services which previously covered two or more schools on the same journey will now only serve one school or campus. These are Docherty Midland Coaches Service 601 and 155 and Stagecoach Service 15A (Braco - St John's Academy, Perth).
- Auchterarder residents should note that Docherty Midland Coaches Service 20 will no longer serve Glenorchil Terrace on schooldays.
- Parents in the Kinnoull Hill/Gannochy area of Perth should note that Service 11 school journeys will be re-named Service 811 and will only operate between Kinnoull Hill and Perth High School.
Full details of the above revisions will be available online at our Public Transport News page. In addition, all local bus timetables which will be operating as from 12 August in Perth and Kinross will also be available from this page.
The Council's Public Transport Unit is currently writing to the parents/carers of children and young people entitled to free school transport to advise them of their school transport arrangements as from 12 August 2020, with letters due to begin arriving from Friday 7 August.
Information will also be provided for families where children and young people with additional support needs (ASN) receive free school transport.