Free festive parking
At the next meeting of the Council's Environment & Infrastructure Committee, Elected Members will be asked to consider proposals for free parking in Council operated car parks on Saturdays in the run up to Festive season during December.
The proposal due to be discussed offers free Saturday parking from Saturday December 5th to Saturday December 26th.
Feedback from the Free Festive Parking scheme in previous years was gathered from businesses across Perth and Kinross. A summary of the responses received are:
- 86% of businesses felt that the promotion encouraged people to stay longer
- 82% felt it was well advertised
- 83% said customers had mentioned using the free parking
- 80% felt it had a positive impact on their business
- 67% felt it brought additional footfall to their business
- 100% would be in favour of a similar promotion
Barbara Renton, Executive Director of the Council's Housing and Environment Service, said: "The offer of free parking has been, in general, well received by residents, visitors and businesses over the last 8 years. It has provided a tangible demonstration of the Council's commitment to supporting retailers and the local economy during the festive season. This year it will also support businesses dealing with the extremely difficult trading environment arising from the Covid-19 pandemic."