Keep your Universal Credit journal up-to-date with new 2021/22 rent charges
Remember to update your new rent and service charges in your Universal Credit journal.
You must keep your UC journal up-to-date with your new rent charge that comes into effect from April 2021. The new charge will be outlined in a letter we sent to you.
To make this easier for you the DWP send a "To Do" notification to your journal in the first week of April 2021.
You must complete the "To Do" before the end of your Universal Credit assessment period in April 2021 or you will miss out on money you are due. It is best to do this update straight away, don't wait.
If you don't tell the DWP about your rent rise, your Universal Credit won't be increased to cover your new rent and you could miss out on benefits you are due.
Remember that if you pay your rent to us that you need to increase your regular payments. If you pay by standing order you need to speak to your bank to increase your payment.
What you need to do
- Sign into your Universal Credit online journal at www.universal-credit.service.gov.uk/sign-in and follow these simple steps:
- Click on your To-Do list
- Click on the "Confirm your housing costs To-do"
- You will be asked to confirm if your rent and service charges have changed. Select 'Yes'
- The date of the change was 5th April
- Enter your new weekly rent charge
- If you have a service charge enter the new weekly service charge
- Once you have answered these questions you will see a summary of your answers. If you have made any mistakes you can change your answers. If you are happy with the information you have provided press confirm to complete the To-Do