This free short course provides an opportunity for you to develop math knowledge and skills and how to use them effectively. There are 6 modules available and you can choose which to study.
- Probability and statistics - activities including exploring basic probability, understand ways of working that involve sets of combinations, reasoning and making predictions.
- Money - develop understanding within a range of different money-related contexts.
- Number - gain essential number skills such as; using ratio and proportion to calculate cost; adding, subtracting, dividing and multiplying fractions and basic percentage calculations.
- Geometry and measure - use practical skills to understand area, volume and estimating.
- Algebra - learn how to use and write formulae and equations. Develop knowledge of algebraic manipulation, reasoning and spotting patterns.
- Mathematical discovery - Cement understanding of mathematics and how to use it to solve problems.
Classes will be held online and face to face.
Classes will usually be on a set day every week, but the frequency and time can be adjusted to your needs and circumstances.
You will be allocated a staff member who will support you through the course either individually or in a small group. Examples of tasks might include:
- Gather data and use graphs to display the data clearly. Make predictions from what you have discovered.
- Learn how to replace numbers with letters to create formulas and how these formulas can be used to work out problems.