We are once again taking part in the international campaign '16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence' that aims to raise awareness and encourage individuals and organisations across the world to call for the prevention and end of gender-based violence.
This year's campaign kicks off on 25 November (International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women) and runs until 10 December (Human Rights Day).
In support of the campaign a series of events have been arranged throughout Perth and Kinross to explore the various forms of gender-based violence and raise awareness of the issue.
The theme of this year's events in Perth and Kinross is "Protecting People".
The start of the 16 Days will be launched on Friday 25 November at 11am by John Swinney, Deputy First Minister and MSP for Perthshire North at Perth Concert Hall, along with a performance by Rock Choir. Book your free ticket here.
Other events will include:
- 24 November at 7.45pm - Pre-event introductory film 'Our Ladies' by Perth Film Society at Perth Theatre. Purchase tickets through Horsecross.
- 26 November at 1.30pm - Free live event hosted by Scottish comedian Lubna Kerr. Afternoon tea, performances, of comedy, spoken word, true life stories and poetry, with a Q&A at the end. Tickets available through Birks Cinema.
- 1 December at 5.30pm - 'Reclaim the Night March' to show solidarity with women around the world living with fear and violence and demonstrate their right to walk the streets at night. Read more on RASAC's website.
- 2 and 4-7 December evening hours - Projected artwork at St Paul's, Perth commissioned by Perth Women's Collective following workshops with local women discussing their ideas of safety.
- 4 December - Ringing of the bells at 12pm by St John Church, St Johns Place, Perth in support of the campaign.
- 5 December at 10am - Seminar on 'Transforming the response to the domestic and intimate abuse of older people' at Perth Theatre. Read more and and sign up here.
Further local events, information and booking details will be highlighted on this page as well as our social media platforms so please keep an eye out.