The Strategy, People & Resources Directorate is one of two new directorates which will replace our current operating structure by 1 April 2024.
Director - Clare Mailer
Clare has strategic oversight for delivery of our the tackling poverty and working in partnership with communities priorities in our Corporate Plan 2022/23 to 2027/28.
Lisa Simpson - Strategic Lead - Legal & Governance
- Giving advice to ensure that the Council acts legally
- Attending courts and tribunals on behalf of the Council
- Operating the Licensing Board
- Information compliance / Freedom of Information and Data Protection
- Supporting the Council's corporate governance arrangements
- Managing the corporate complaints system
- Registration of Births, Deaths & Marriages
- Elected Member Support & Development
- Civic Services & Provost Support
- Support for Council's Decision-making Processes
- Internal Audit
- Risk Management