Perth and Kinross Council - 27 June 2012
A Meeting of Perth and Kinross Council will be held in the Council Chambers, Fourth Floor, Council Building, 2 High Street, Perth on Wednesday 27 June 2012 at 2.00pm.
If you have any queries please contact Maureen Kay on (01738) 475119 or Gillian Taylor on (01738) 475135.
Those attending the meeting are requested to ensure that all mobile phones and other communication devices are switched off.
Provost Liz Grant and all Councillors
1. Declarations of Interest
(i) Minute of Council Meeting of 25 April 2012 for approval and signature
(ii) Minute of Council Meeting of 23 May 2012 for approval and signature
3. Minutes of Committees from 22 February 2012 to 13 June 2012
4. Assurance and Improvement Plan Update 2012-15 [666Kb] - Report by the Chief Executive (copy herewith 12/260) (Pages 19-32)
5. Annual Performance Report 2011/12 [1Mb] - Report by the Chief Executive (copy herewith 12/261) (Pages 33-90)
6. Appointment of Member to the Perth and Kinross Licensing Board
The Council is advised that Councillor A Jack has intimated his resignation from the Perth and Kinross Licensing Board. The Council is requested to appoint a replacement member to the Board.
7. Re-establishment of Member/Officer Working Groups
(a) The Council is requested to re-establish the following Member/Officer Working Groups on the basis of their existing remits and memberships as noted below:-
(i) Affordable Housing Member/Officer Working Group
Five members of the Council preferably from Housing and Health and Enterprise and Infrastructure Committees.
(ii) Corporate Parenting Member/Officer Working Group
Five members of the Council and 2 non-Council members of the Lifelong Learning Committee.
(iii) Equality and Diversity Member/Officer Working Group
Five members of the Council
(b) The Council is requested to re-establish the following Member/Officer Working Group with the specific remit of reviewing the Council's ongoing arrangements regarding the development management process, and with the membership as noted below.
(iv) Planning Etc (Scotland) Act 2006 Member/Officer Working Group
Seven members of the Council, being the Convener and Vice-Convener of the Enterprise and Infrastructure Committee, the Convener of the Development Management Committee, the Convener of the Lifelong Learning Committee and 3 further members from the Enterprise and Infrastructure Committee.
8. Appointment of Representatives to Partner Organisations / External Bodies [372Kb] - Report by Head of Democratic Services (copy herewith 12/262) (Pages 91-98)
9. Perth City Hall [275Kb] - Report by Depute Chief Executive (copy herewith 12/263) (Pages 99-104)
10. City of Perth - Towards a Development Strategy (Consultation) [311Kb] - Report by Executive Director (Environment) (copy herewith 12/264) (Pages 105-114)
11. Gleneagles Railway Station - Proposed New Access Road [3Mb] - Report by Depute Chief Executive (copy herewith 12/265) (Pages 115-125)