Environment Committee - 5 June 2013
A Meeting of the Environment Committee will be held in the Council Chambers, Fourth Floor, Council Building, 2 High Street, Perth on Wednesday 5 June 2013 at 11.00am, or immediately following the meeting of the Community Safety Committee, whichever is the later.
Those attending the meeting are requested to ensure that all mobile phones and other communication devices are switched off.
Councillor A Grant (Convener), M Williamson (Vice Convener), M Barnacle, R Brock, B Ellis, C Gillies, T Gray, G Laing, M Lyle, D Melloy, W Robertson, M Roberts, A Younger
1. Declarations of Interest
2. Minute of Meeting of Environment Committee of 20 March 2013 for approval and signature
3. Notice of Motion
Motion by Councillors W Robertson and M Lyle
The Committee recognises the Scottish Government's and Perth and Kinross Council's strong commitment to biodiversity. Perth and Kinross is renowned for its outstanding scenery, flora and fauna. We are the home of Big Tree Country.
One of our most iconic native animals is the red squirrel. Through the works of Perth and Kinross Red Squirrel Group and landowners red squirrels have been returning to areas of Perth and Kinross where they haven't been seen for many years.
We ask that a report be prepared with recommendations on how we as a Council can support the control of grey squirrels on land under our control and in so doing encourage the re-introduction of our native red squirrel to our parks and open spaces thus promoting biodiversity and supporting the local economy through wildlife tourism.
4. The Environment Service Business Management and Improvement Plan 2013/14 and Annual Performance Report 2012/13 [605Kb] - Report by Executive Director (Environment) (copy issued under separate cover 13/262)
Note: (i) The above report will also be submitted to the meetings of the Enterprise and Infrastructure Committee and the Community Safety Committee on 5 June 2013.
(ii) Please note that this report will also be submitted to the Scrutiny Committee on 12 June 2013.
5. Waste Management Plan 2010 to 2015 [671Kb] - Progress Report by the Depute Director (Environment) (copy herewith 13/267) (Pages 3-36)
6. Perth and Kinross Countryside Trust - Service Level Agreement Review 2012/13 and Proposal 2013/14 [485Kb] - Report by the Depute Director (Environment) (copy herewith 13/268) (Pages 37-70)
7. Proposed Air Quality Management Area - Crieff [2Mb] - Report by the Depute Director (Environment) (copy herewith 13/269) (Pages 71-90)
8. Grounds Maintenance - Site Assessments and Asset Management Proposals [424Kb] - Report by the Depute Director (Environment) (copy herewith 13/270) (Pages 91-110)
9. The Community Environment Challenge Fund (CECF) Review [418Kb] - Report by the Depute Director (Environment) (copy herewith 13/271) (Pages 111-130)