Scrutiny Committee - 12 June 2013
A Meeting of the Scrutiny Committee will be held in the Committee Room, Fourth Floor, Council Building, 2 High Street, Perth on Wednesday 12 June 2013 at 2.00pm.
Councillors A Stewart (Convener), B Vaughan (Vice-Convener), M Barnacle, D Cuthbert, D Doogan, A Munro, A Younger and Mr I Jackson
1. Declarations of Interest
2. Minute of Meeting of Scrutiny Committee of 17 April 2013 for approval and signature (copy herewith) (Pages 1-6)
3. Joint Business Management and Improvement Plans and Annual Performance Reports
(i) Education and Children's Services [2Mb] - Report by Executive Director (Education and Children's Services) (13/242)
Note: This report was accepted by the Lifelong Learning Committee on 29 May 2013.
(ii) Chief Executive's Service [787Kb] - Report by the Chief Executive (copy herewith 13/286) (Pages 7-52)
Note: This report will also be submitted to the meeting of the Strategic Policy and Resources Committee on 12 June 2012.
(iii) The Environment Service [605Kb] - Report by Executive Director (Environment) (13/262)
Note: This report has also been submitted to the meetings of the Community Safety Committee, the Environment Committee and the Enterprise and Infrastructure Committee on 5 June 2013.
(iv) Housing and Community Care [968Kb] - Report by Executive Director (Housing and Community Care) (13/253)
Note: This report was accepted by the Housing and Health Committee on 29 May 2013 and has also been submitted to the meeting of the Community Safety Committee on 5 June 2013.
4. 2012-13 Annual Governance Statement [327Kb] - Report by Head of Legal Services (copy herewith 13/310)
5. Freedom of Information (FOI) Performance Report 2012 [425Kb] - Report by Head of Legal Services (copy herewith 13/311)
6. Registration of Births, Deaths, Marriages and Civil Partnerships - Inspection Reports by National Records of Scotland [354Kb] - Report by Head of Democratic Services (copy herewith 13/293) (Pages 53-60)
7. Procurement Improvement Plan - Presentation by Mary Mitchell, Corporate Procurement Manager
8. Scrutiny Committee Forward Planner 2013/14 [306Kb] - Report by Depute Director (Environment) (copy herewith 13/294) (Pages 61-66)
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT THE PUBLIC AND PRESS SHOULD BE EXCLUDED DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM IN ORDER TO AVOID THE DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WHICH IS EXEMPT IN TERMS OF SCHEDULE 7A TO THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT (SCOTLAND) ACT 1973
P1. Minute of meeting of Social Work Complaints Review Committee of 7 March 2013 for approval (copy issued under separate cover)