Childcare and Family Information Service
Childcare Information Services were set up across Scotland to ensure that parents and carers have ready access to childcare information and guidance which is comprehensive, up to date and user friendly.
Details can be requested by phone or e-mail and information is also available through the Scottish Families website which links Childcare and Family Information Services across Scotland.
Information on all types of childcare including childminders, nurseries, playgroups, out of school clubs and parent & toddler groups is gathered and updated on a regular basis. Individualised searches can be carried out so that families can find out which services in their local area would best meet their particular requirements whether these relate to:
- the ages of children cared for
- opening hours e.g. to accommodate early starts, evening or weekend care
- specific school or nursery class pick ups
- the range of resources and facilities available
- experience of caring for children with additional support needs
Detailed reports on services can be provided by post or e-mail and limited information can be given over the phone.
As well as details of childcare services, the Childcare and Family Information Service also includes a wide range of other information of interest to families including:
- Leisure activities - holiday activities; indoor play areas; dance, drama and music; arts and crafts
- Family Support - parenting courses and support groups
- Additional Support - local groups and national helplines
Information relevant to families in the five geographic areas of Perth & Kinross is compiled on an annual basis into the local Childcare and Family Information directory [561Kb]. This is also available through the Scottish Families website.