This Cost of Living Award was a Scottish Government scheme delivered by Local Authorities.
It was a payment of £150 and was paid to eligible households where on 14th February, 2022 their household circumstances were as follows:
- Anyone in receipt of Council Tax Reduction (CTR) (limited to one payment per dwelling);
- Those liable and living in a Council Tax Band A-D dwelling and not receiving Council Tax Reduction;
- Certain categories of person living in a property exempt from Council Tax where:
- all the occupants are under 18;
- all the occupants are care leavers;
- all the occupants are severely mentally impaired;
- the property is unoccupied because the resident has gone to someone else's home to provide care or the resident receives care elsewhere.
- You were accessing Housing Support Service and/or living in temporary accommodation or a refuge.
Those in receipt of Council Tax Reduction or living in Band A-D properties (where none of the 5 categories of exemption apply) were paid their £150 payment direct to their Council Tax account for the year 2022/23.
Those with no Council Tax liability and who fit into one of the 5 categories of exemption were invited to apply for the payment so that payment could be made direct to their bank account.