Find out changes to our services and advice in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Coronavirus: Community support

As lockdown restrictions are eased by the Scottish Government, we will continue to update this page with information and advice for communities. The Scottish Government website releases regular updates, and this is reflected on our main Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage.

Information on support available in communities across Perth and Kinross is available in the 'Downloads' section. This includes a list of local groups and businesses who are offering to deliver food and other essentials in their community. The Downloads section also includes information on services that third sector organisations are offering across Perth and Kinross.

If you have a specific question to ask, please email our contact team at or phone 0345 30 111 00.

Helping in your community

Our icon Volunteer Guide [187Kb] gives some practical advice on how to support people in your community at this difficult time, whilst also keeping yourself safe. In addition, Communities Channel Scotland have put together a resource pack with practical advice.

If you are able, you can be a great source of support and relief to other members of your community by looking out for them and for each other to help contain the spread of the virus and support those in need of some help.

You can take some simple steps yourself, by:

  • checking up on neighbours;
  • offering to help with dropping off food and other essentials; and
  • providing a friendly ear and emotional support to those who are self-isolating, or do not have a network of family or friends close by.

We have put together a very simple form for icon Self-isolating Support [572Kb] which you can put through letterboxes, or hand to people if you feel you can help them.

Community buildings and facilities

There is currently no specific guidance available from Scottish Government on reopening community buildings and facilities. This includes facilities which are managed or maintained by Perth and Kinross Council. More information on this will be shared as it becomes available. General advice and guidance is available from the Scottish Government.