Criminal Justice Services
All Scottish local authorities have a legal duty to provide criminal justice social work services.
To meet that duty, our service aims to:
- Protect the public and enhance community safety
- Reduce re-offending
- Support social inclusion
- Work in a creative and trauma-informed way
Our main duties include:
- Completing reports and assessments for the Court and Parole Board
- Supervising offenders on community Orders and after release from prison
- Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA): National guidance 2016
Our services are delivered in line with National standards.