Coronavirus: Discretionary fund
The purpose of this fund is to support those qualifying businesses that have been impacted by COVID-19 restrictions and regulations and have had no financial support from the Scottish Government funding support schemes since 9 October 2020.
This funding is aimed at micro and small businesses across all sectors and company types, including those that do not pay Non-Domestic Rates.
The discretionary fund will offer a one-off grant of £2,000 per eligible business.
This funding is specifically for:
- Businesses that supply goods or services to those who have been closed or restricted eg home-based B2B businesses (caterers; events/conference organisers, bands, DJs, photographers etc.) cleaning businesses; tradespeople; facilities management businesses, food/drink suppliers, AV companies;
- Businesses facing hardship as an indirect consequence of the current travel restrictions (e.g. kennels and catteries; tour guides; removals);
- Businesses who do not have business premises and are therefore ineligible for grants attached to the rates system.
The Scottish Government has other funding schemes or is finalising details of additional support schemes.
Please do not apply to the Discretionary Fund if your business is one of the following:
- Mobile Close Contact Services (including Hair & Beauty Practitioners, Therapists and Driving Instructors)
Note: The Mobile And Home-Based Close Contact Services Fund is open for applications until 16 March 2021 at 5.00 pm
- Any self-employed individual who has already been awarded through the Scottish Government's Newly Self-Employed Hardship Fund.
Note: A second round of the Newly Self-Employed Hardship Fund is open for applications until 16 March 2021 at 5.00 pm
- Any business which has received a grant through the Strategic Framework Business Fund (Closure/Restriction Fund)
- Hostels, Hotels, Guest Houses, B&B and Self Catering accommodation providers (including those paying Council Tax. Non-Domestic Rates registered properties can apply for the Strategic Framework Business Fund)
- Taxi, private hire and coach operators
- Travel Agents with shop front premises
- Tour Operators
- Visitor Attractions
- Wedding and Events venues
- Activity and Outdoor Tourism providers
- Inbound Tour Operators Events Industry providers
- Businesses where a Director of the Company has already applied for and received funding for another Business will not be eligible for this fund.
How to apply
These payments are grants and not loans. A grant awarded in respect of a valid application therefore does not need to be refunded by the recipient.
For any queries, please email DiscretionaryFund@pkc.gov.uk.