Advice on the UK leaving the European Union

Advice for EU citizens

Perth and Kinross is home to many citizens from different European Union (EU) countries that make an important contribution to our area. We hope that those citizens feel that Perth and Kinross is a safe and welcoming environment for them.

Those citizens will want to know as much as possible about what will happen when the UK plans to leave the EU in March 2019 (Brexit). We will put relevant information on this web page.

The EU Settlement Scheme provides further details about how EU citizens and their families can obtain settled status in the UK. The scheme is due to open fully on 30 March 2019.

Advice for businesses

Many local business have employees who are EU citizens. The Scottish Government recently launched a Brexit self-assessment tool which will help identify what you can do now to ready your company for business post-Brexit.

It will raise your awareness of the risks, rewards and challenges of the new economic landscape by highlighting areas that you need to plan for. It will direct you to resources, advice, events and services to help you develop your plans.

Local organisations

There are a number of local third sector organisations working in partnership with Perth & Kinross Council who may be able to assist with advice for EU citizens:

Further information will be added to this page as it becomes available.