Advice on the UK leaving the European Union
Advice for EU citizens
Perth and Kinross is home to many citizens from different European Union (EU) countries that make an important contribution to our area. We hope that those citizens feel that Perth and Kinross is a safe and welcoming environment for them.
Those citizens will want to know as much as possible about what will happen when the UK plans to leave the EU in March 2019 (Brexit). We will put relevant information on this web page.
The EU Settlement Scheme provides further details about how EU citizens and their families can obtain settled status in the UK. The scheme is due to open fully on 30 March 2019.
- EU citizens' rights campaign
- Stay in the UK after it leaves the EU ('settled status'): step by step
- EU Citizens Rights Project in Scotland
- Information about the EU Settlement Scheme in other languages
- EU citizens staying in Scotland: package of support
- View and prove your rights in the UK (Home Office Guidance)
- EU citizens in the UK: scheme overview video
- An introduction ot the EU Settlement Scheme video
Advice for businesses
Many local business have employees who are EU citizens. The Scottish Government recently launched a Brexit self-assessment tool which will help identify what you can do now to ready your company for business post-Brexit.
It will raise your awareness of the risks, rewards and challenges of the new economic landscape by highlighting areas that you need to plan for. It will direct you to resources, advice, events and services to help you develop your plans.
There are a number of local third sector organisations working in partnership with Perth & Kinross Council who may be able to assist with advice for EU citizens:
- PKAVS Minority Communities Hub - recently received Home Office Grant funding for a Worker to support the EU Settlement Scheme. This post is currently being recruited and further details will follow in due course
- Ethnic Minorities Law Centre - surgery appointments for free legal advice are available in Perth and Kinross
- Perth Citizens Advice Bureau - can provide appointments with a Tayside-wide EU Citizen Settlement Scheme Adviser. Referrals for an appointment can be made through appointments line 01738 450581 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointments can be at CAB offices or elsewhere as required.
- Culture PK - offer a free Assisted Digital service in the AK Bell Library to support access to the EU Settlement Scheme. There is a list of assisted digital locations in Scotland but please contact AK Bell Library if you require the service locally
Further information will be added to this page as it becomes available.