Proposed Local Development Plan 2 - Examination
The Examination Report [4Mb] and a Summary table of the Reporter's modifications [LINK] [195Kb] are available to view and/or download.
The Council submitted the Proposed Local Development Plan (LDP) and associated documents to Scottish Ministers for Examination on 14 September 2018. The Scottish Ministers appointed Ms Katrina Rice BSc (Hons) DipTP MRTPI as lead Reporter to carry out the Examination which formally commenced on 5 November 2018. Three additional Reporters were appointed to assist the lead Reporter with the Examination of the Proposed LDP: Philip Barton MCD BA(Hons) MRTPI, Jo-Anne Garrick BSc(Hons) MTP(UC) MRTPI, Martin Seddon BSc MPhil Dip TP MRTPI.
The Examination considered the unresolved issues raised during the Proposed LDP consultation, which took place between 2 December 2017 and 2 February 2018. The Examination was undertaken by independent Reporters appointed by the DPEA and it is the role of the Reporters to consider the unresolved issues and make recommendations as to whether the Proposed LDP should be changed before it is adopted. All the unresolved issues have been considered and the Reporter has published an Examination Report which contains the Reporter's reasoning and consideration of the issues, including any recommended modifications. Any recommended modifications are largely binding on the Council.
For further details regarding the Examination process please visit the DPEA Proposed LDP Examination webpage. Further guidance that explains Development Plan Examinations for people who have submitted representations is available to view on the Scottish Government website.
Documents submitted to the DPEA for Examination are available to view/download below:
- Proposed Local Development Plan and associated documents (including SEA) available to view/download on our Proposed LDP2 page.
- Statement of Conformity with the Participation Statement(2018) [2Mb]
- Habitat Regulations Appraisal / Appropriate Assessment [3Mb] and SNH Response to HRA (2018) [74Kb]
- Proposed Action Programme (2018) [515Kb]
Post Examination Modifications - What happens next following Examination?
Examination reports are largely binding on planning authorities, and the Council has a three month period to consider the Reporter's recommendations and submit the Proposed Plan as modified to Scottish Ministers. The Council has considered the Report and its findings.
On 25 September 2019 it was agreed at a Full Council meeting to progress the Plan (as modified) towards adoption. Further information on the Committee Report papers associated with the 25 September meeting is available on the Committee webpage.
The Council formally notified the Scottish Minsters of it's intention to adopt the Plan (as modified) on 3 October 2019. The following documents have been issued to the Scottish Ministers as part of the formal notification to adopt process:
- Letter to Scottish Ministers [31Kb]
- List of Modifications [382Kb]
- Proposed Local Development Plan (as modified) 2019 [46Mb]
- Post Examination SEA Update [2Mb]
- Post Examination HRA Update [348Kb]
- Intention to Adopt - Advert [406Kb]
- Examination Report (see above)
The Scottish Ministers issued a letter to the Council on 28 November 2019 and formally cleared the Proposed Plan (as modified) for adoption. The Proposed Plan (as modified) was formally adopted as the Perth and Kinross Local Development Plan (2019) on 29 November 2019.
Representations received on the Proposed LDP available to view/download on our Representations page.
Schedule 4 documents
- Issue 1 - A Successful, Sustainable Place [342Kb]
- Issue 2 - Placemaking [65Kb]
- Issue 3 - Perth Area Transport Issues [265Kb]
- Issue 4 - Policy 5 (Infrastructure Contributions) [220Kb]
- Issue 5 - Policy 6 (Settlement Boundaries) [176Kb]
- Issue 6 - Economic Development [164Kb]
- Issue 7 - Retail and Commercial Centres [160Kb]
- Issue 8 - Community Facilities, Sport and Recreation [168Kb]
- Issue 9 - Policy 19 (Housing in the Countryside) [159Kb]
- Issue 10 - Residential Development [177Kb]
- Issue 11 - Policy 23 (Delivery of Development Sites) [142Kb]
- Issue 12 - Policy 24 (Maintaining an Effective Housing Land Supply) [160Kb]
- Issue 13 - The Historic Environment [138Kb]
- Issue 14 - A Low Carbon Place [416Kb]
- Issue 15 - Waste Management & Binn Eco Park [177Kb]
- Issue 16 - A Natural Resilient Place [426Kb]
- Issue 17 - Policy 41 (Green Belt) [188Kb]
- Issue 18 - Water Catchment Areas [41Kb]
- Issue 19 - Minerals [136Kb]
- Issue 20 - Prime Agricultural Land & Soils [155Kb]
- Issue 21 - Policy 50 (New Development & Flooding) [333Kb]
- Issue 22 - Policy 51 (Water Environment & Drainage) [129Kb]
- Issue 23 - Environmental Protection & Public Safety [172Kb]
- Issue 24 - A Connected Place [173Kb]
- Issue 25 - Perth SDA [340Kb]
- Issue 26 - Perth City [141Kb]
- Issue 27 - Perth City Proposals [474Kb]
- Issue 28 - Perth City New Sites [261Kb]
- Issue 29 - Perth Core Settlements [302Kb]
- Issue 30 - Greater Perth North and East - Outwith Core [134Kb]
- Issue 31 - Greater Perth South and West - Outwith Core [345Kb]
- Issue 32 - Greater Dundee HMA [91Kb]
- Issue 33 - Highland Area - Aberfeldy [158Kb]
- Issue 34 - Highland Area - Dunkeld & Birnam [149Kb]
- Issue 35 - Highland Area - Pitlochry [208Kb]
- Issue 36 - Highland Area - Settlements with Proposals [218Kb]
- Issue 37 - Highland Area - Settlements without Proposals [196Kb]
- Issue 38 - Kinross-shire Area - Kinross/Milnathort [160Kb]
- Issue 39 - Kinross-shire Area - Settlements with Proposals [199Kb]
- Issue 40 - Kinross-shire Area - Settlements without Proposals [64Kb]
- Issue 41 - Strathearn Area - Auchterarder [245Kb]
- Issue 42 - Strathearn Area - Crieff [229Kb]
- Issue 43 - Strathearn Area - Settlements with Proposals [269Kb]
- Issue 44 - Strathearn Area - Settlements without Proposals [179Kb]
- Issue 45 - Strathmore Area - Alyth & New Alyth [184Kb]
- Issue 46 - Strathmore Area - Blairgowrie/Rattray [334Kb]
- Issue 47 - Strathmore Area - Coupar Angus [138Kb]
- Issue 48 - Strathmore Area - Settlements with Proposals [165Kb]
- Issue 49 - Strathmore Area - Settlements without Proposals [85Kb]
- Issue 50 - Whole Plan Issues [195Kb]