The Examination looked at the unresolved issues raised during the Proposed Local Development Plan consultation. The Council submitted these issues to the Scottish Government's Directorate for Planning and Environmental Appeals (DPEA) where the Examination was completed by independent Reporters.
A Summary Report [164Kb] of the findings and outcomes of the Examination is available to view and download.
Full details of the issues are available. Each Schedule 4 contains a summary of the issues raised, the Council's response and the Reporter's conclusions.
- Schedule 4 list [9Kb]
- 01 Vision and Objectives [20Kb]
- 02 Strategy [41Kb]
- 03 Placemaking [36Kb]
- 04 Infrastructure Contributions [43Kb]
- 05 Economic Development [42Kb]
- 06 Tourism [41Kb]
- 07 Retail and Commercial Centres [68Kb]
- 08a Housing in the Countryside [43Kb]
- 08b Settlement Boundaries [68Kb]
- 09 Affordable and Particular Needs Housing [36Kb]
- 10 Transport and Accessibility [36Kb]
- 11 Community Facilities, Sports and Recreation [35Kb]
- 12 The Historic Environment [66Kb]
- 13 The Natural Environment [77Kb]
- 14 Green Belt [41Kb]
- 15a Renewable Energy and Low Carbon Energy Generation and Electricity Transmission Infrastructure [115Kb]
- 15b Minerals and Other Extractive Activities [26Kb]
- 15c Prime Agricultural Land [20Kb]
- 15d Managing Future Landscape Change [57Kb]
- 16 Climate Change [34Kb]
- 17a New Development and Flooding [21Kb]
- 17b Water Environment and Drainage [22Kb]
- 17c Lunan Valley and Loch Leven Catchment Areas [49Kb]
- 18 Environmental Protection and Public Safety [57Kb]
- 19 Airfield Safeguarding [29Kb]
- 20a TAYplan Spatial Strategy [27Kb]
- 20b Employment Land Strategy [30Kb]
- 20c Housing Land Strategy [80Kb]
- 20d Effectiveness of Strategic Sites [40Kb]
- 20e HMA Specific Housing Strategy Issues [47Kb]
- 20f Greenfield Land and Housing Density [21Kb]
- 21 Perth Strategic Development Area – West/North West Perth [95Kb]
- 22 Perth Area (within Core) Green Belt [68Kb]
- 23a Perth Area (within Core) Perth City Proposals [78Kb]
- 23b Perth Area (within Core) Perth City New Sites [42Kb]
- 24 Perth Area (within Core) Transport Infrastructure [87Kb]
- 25a Perth Area (within Core) North Settlements [59Kb]
- 25b Perth Area (within Core) East Settlements [65Kb]
- 25c Perth Area (within Core) South Settlements [35Kb]
- 25d Perth Area (within Core) West Settlements [42Kb]
- 26a Perth Area (out with Core) North Settlements [64Kb]
- 26b Perth Area (out with Core) East Settlements and Landward Sites [76Kb]
- 26c Perth Area (out with Core) South Settlements Landward Sites [67Kb]
- 26d Perth Area (out with Core) West Settlements [47Kb]
- 27 Dundee Housing Market Area Settlements [35Kb]
- 28a Highland Perthshire Area – Aberfeldy [35Kb]
- 28b Highland Perthshire Area – Birnam and Dunkeld [34Kb]
- 28c Highland Perthshire Area – Pitlochry [57Kb]
- 29a Highland Perthshire Area - East Settlements with Proposals [64Kb]
- 29b Highland Perthshire Area - West Settlements with Proposals [68Kb]
- 30 Highland Perthshire Area - Small Settlements and Landward Sites [71Kb]
- 31 Kinross-shire Area - Kinross/Milnathort Settlement [46Kb]
- 32 Kinross-shire Area - Kinross/Milnathort Employment Sites [65Kb]
- 33a Kinross-shire Area - Kinross/Milnathort Large Housing Sites [82Kb]
- 33b Kinross-shire Area - Milnathort Small Housing Sites [44Kb]
- 34 Kinross-shire Area - Kinross/Milnathort Opportunity Sites [43Kb]
- 35a Kinross-shire Area – North and East Settlements with Proposals [52Kb]
- 35b Kinross-shire Area - West Settlements with Proposals [61Kb]
- 36 Kinross-shire Area - Small Settlements and Landward Sites [62Kb]
- 37 Strathearn Area – Auchterarder [46Kb]
- 38 Strathearn Area – Crieff [102Kb]
- 39 Strathearn Area – Settlements with Proposals [28Kb]
- 40 Strathearn Area – Small Settlements and Landward Sites [48Kb]
- 41 Strathmore and the Glens Area - Alyth and New Alyth [25Kb]
- 42 Strathmore and the Glens Area - Blairgowrie/Rattray [76Kb]
- 43 Strathmore and the Glens Area - Coupar Angus [38Kb]
- 44 Strathmore and the Glens Area - Settlements with Proposals [53Kb]
- 45 Strathmore and the Glens Area - Small Settlements [45Kb]
- 46 Whole Plan Issues [55Kb]
Where can I find out more about the Examination?
The DPEA's website has more details on the progress of the Examination; to search for the Perth and Kinross Local Development Plan Examination use reference LDP-340-1.
There is also a guidance note [100Kb] for people who submitted representations published by The Scottish Government.
What happens next?
Examination reports are largely binding on planning authorities, and the Council has a three month period to consider the Reporter's recommendations and submit the Proposed Plan as modified to Scottish Ministers. .
The Proposed Local Development Plan with Modifications [32Mb] was submitted to Scottish Ministers, together with a summary of Proposed LDP modifications [597Kb] on 6th January 2014. Copies are also available for inspection during normal opening hours at Pullar House, Perth, and at all public libraries/community campuses.
The Council adopted the Perth and Kinross Local Development Plan [28Mb] on 3 February 2014.