Rural Perth & Kinross LEADER Programme
Developing a community-led programme to support rural communities, organisation and small-micro enterprises, including social enterprises, in rural Perth & Kinross
With a population of around 95,000 people, rural Perth & Kinross covers the vast majority of Perth & Kinross area (with the exception of Perth and Scone and areas of Cairngorms National Park) with outstanding landscapes, vibrant towns and villages. Our rural communities have weaknesses and face difficult challenges, but they have also strengths and can take up opportunities.
LEADER is a community-led funding programme aimed at increasing support to local, rural community and business networks to build knowledge and skills, and encourage innovation and cooperation in order to tackle local development objectives. It is funded by the Scottish Government and the European Union, as part of the Scottish Rural Development Programme, with other contributions from local partners and organisations. Grants are awarded by Local Action Groups (LAG) to projects that support delivery of a Local Development Strategy (LDS). An indicative allocation of £3.8million is being administered by the Rural Perth and Kinross LEADER Team.
Support is aimed at innovative, locally driven, bottom-up projects that will support the local community and develop the rural economy. The overall aim of the LEADER programme is to increase the capacity of local community and business networks to build knowledge and skills, innovate and co-operate in order to tackle local development objectives, key objectives for Perth & Kinross LEADER are:
- Enterprise development: focusing on supporting the capacity of small and medium sized enterprises to engage in growth in local, regional, national and international markets and in innovation processes
- Skills development: focusing on supporting individuals, groups, communities and businesses to develop their IT/digital skills and rural skills
- Infrastructure improvement: focusing on broadband, transport and town centres
- Landscape, natural environment and cultural assets improvement: focusing on access to assets
- Local services improvement: focusing on local facilities. Reduction in local services in small towns/villages including closure may lead to empty buildings
- Active people and communities development: focusing on capacity building and young people
How can I apply for funding or get involved?
If you would like to apply for funding, visit the PK LEADER website, establish if you are eligible and submit an Expression of Interest form. For inspiration, the website shows a list of projects that have received funding. If you would like to be involved with the Local Action Group or contact us, please email RuralLeader@pkc.gov.uk or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
What key documents or resources are available?
|Rural PK area profile [6Mb]||Description of socio, economic and environmental facts and trends in rural Perth & Kinross|
|LEADER 2014-2020 in Scotland||Description of the process to develop LEADER 2014-2020 in Scotland|
| Local Development Strategy [1Mb]||Rural Perth & Kinross LEADER Local Development Strategy 2014-2020|
|VOiCE Report [106Kb]||Engagement - VOiCE Report|
|Business Plan [1Mb]||Rural Perth & Kinross LEADER Business Plan 2014-2020|
|Review of Rural Tayside LEADER [9Mb]||Review of Rural Tayside LEADER Programme 2008-2014|
|Rural Tayside LEADER in video||Examples of projects supported by Rural Tayside LEADER Programme in video|